Molecular Sales Specialist - Louisville, KY - United States
Have you built a successful career selling testing or diagnostic instrumentation into clinical laboratories? Do you enjoy finding new challenges and closing the deal? Do you have experience selling using a team approach? Then, this opportunity with BD may be right for you!
BD is seeking a Molecular Sales Specialist (MSS) to cover the Louisville, KY, Southern IN, and Cincinnati OH markets. The ideal candidate will have a track record of selling Captial Equipment into healthcare systems within the territory.
The MSS will represent BD’s Molecular Diagnostic Product Portfolio that includes: BD MAX System, BD Viper with XTR Technology, BD Viper LT system, BD Affirm with Microbial Identification System, and BD Probe Tec ET System.
The primary call points include Value Analysis, Lab Directors/Managers, Infection Control, and Materials Management in addition to other areas.
The MSS is responsible for identifying and closing new business, with a focus on complex, capital equipment sales. The MSS is expected to achieve the financial objectives of the assigned territory by effectively implementing sales and marketing strategies.
The MSS will work in partnership with the assigned Diagnostic Account Executive (DAE) to fully develop and implement regional and strategic account sales plans involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the hospital/laboratory adoption of the assigned product portfolio. Develops and implements regional and strategic account sales plan to grow the focused product business, while coordinating efforts with the DAE and Regional Business Managers (RBM) to fully utilize the entire BD selling team consisting of DAE, Women’s Health Specialist (WHS), Cytology Sales Specialist (CSS), Manual Microbiology Specialist (MMS), and Molecular Application Specialist. Responsible for sales, sales forecasting, marketing feedback, best practices development, ongoing training and development, reference site development, and customer satisfaction relative to sales activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ability to communicate BD’s long-term strategic direction to the customer and demonstrate the value proposition of the Diagnostic product portfolio to be consistent with the needs of the customer.
- Ability to learn and become competent in molecular applications and serve as a molecular technical expert, capital equipment expert and to drive sales of BD’s complete molecular portfolio.
- Works closely with the Local Account Teams in the region to identify and close new accounts, attain or exceed the overall sales plan for the designated platform of products within the MLS territory.
- Develops and implements a regional and strategic account sales plan involving multiple stakeholders and buyers in the hospital / laboratory adoption of designated products and platforms.
- Calls on prospective customers, create demand, communicate medical, clinical and patient outcome benefits, deliver product information and demonstrations, and prepare economic models / proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Develops and implements sales and marketing plans, including customer profiling, targeting and call schedules, to ensure achievement of all sales objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with all BD personnel as a member of the local account team to achieve regional objectives through the communication of successful tactics and recommendations for continuous improvements in procedures, strategies, and specific processes.
- Works with key support staff, such as the Molecular Applications Specialist (MAS) and other technical support team members, to develop and implement key account evaluation plans and to update colleagues on a regular basis.
- Generates leads and sales by participating in state, regional, and national meetings as directed by Sales Management.
- Participates on cross-functional product launch teams. Work closely with the other DS sales team members and Marketing Product Managers to gather best practice and centers of excellence data.
- Actively participates in all training sessions and demonstrate proficiency by testing or other means as assigned at session completion.
- Manages administrative duties as assigned: monitoring expenses to budget (free goods / samples), timely administrative and call reporting, funnel and competitive data entries, use and maintenance of Company assets and adhering to OHSA and Universal Lab precautions, as applicable, and all consistent with BD Company policy.
Minimum qualifications include:
- BA/BS required; Life Sciences or Biological areas preferred
- 3+ years documented successful medical or capital sales experience required; 5+ years preferred;
- Previous experience with (capital equipment/molecular diagnostics and/or IHC products in the medical marketplace) involving complex selling situations highly preferred.
- Proven track record in developing new capital equipment business on a yearly basis.
- Must be self-motivated to succeed and have a mastery of the complex sales process.
- Computer proficiency is required, including skills with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of current U.S. healthcare trends that can be integrated into regional sales strategies.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, territory management, account assessment and relationship development skills.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking abilities with financial orientation applicable to contract proposals and profitability, budget, and expense management.
- Ability to adapt to changing markets and or territory conditions while maintaining all objectives and/or goals.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently and strategically to achieve individual and corporate goals.
- Proven ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as purchase agreements, financial reports, professional journals, package inserts, technical procedures, and government regulations.