- We are currently seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to strengthen our Research Team committed to the generation, improvement and functional application of cell-based assays for taste and olfactory receptors.
- A degree in Molecular Biology or Cell Biology with a proven track record is ideal for this position.
- A strong scientific curiosity is a must.
- Molecular cloning (plasmid-based PCR and genomic PCR, restriction enzyme analysis)
- DNA sequence analysis (Vector NTI software)
- Preparation of plasmid DNA, genomic DNA and RNA
- Cell culture of immortalized and primary cell lines
- Stable and/or transient gene expression in mammalian cells
- Generation of clonal cell lines after transfection
- Use of reporter genes (luciferases) in mammalian cell lines
- Use of luminescence – fluorescence readers
- Microsoft Office programs Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to follow instructions closely with a critical alertness
- Spirit for working in autonomy
- Good spoken and written English
- Capacity to set-up and interpret scientific experiments
- Knowledge of Bioinformatics
- Good team player
- Habit to work with tight deadlines
Equal opportunity employer
Our company offers a stimulating work environment and a competitive salary.