Molecular Biology of protein post-translational modifications - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 14 May 2017
- We are seeking an experienced cell biologist to join our Biology Department.
- As a key member of company’s Biology team this role will involve directing and delivering on the Company’s internal and external drug discovery objectives.
- The successful candidate is expected to have experience in the functional analysis of protein post-translational modifications, with particular relevance to kinase-mediated signaling and phosphorylation studies.
- The ideal candidate will have a PhD or equivalent experience, will be versed in the genetic and pharmacological analysis of intracellular signal transduction, and have demonstrable, hands-on experience of one or more of the following: genome editing to introduce point mutations to study PTM function; intrabody technology to selectively target post-translationally modified variants of proteins of interest; Proximity Ligation to identify and detect specific PTMs within cells.
- The successful candidate will join a dynamic, multidisciplinary team dedicated to the development of novel therapeutic strategies for Huntington’s disease leveraging post-translational modifications of Huntingtin protein.
- Strong communication skills will be required to enable successful management of both associate and PhD scientists as well as the coordination of external collaborations and CRO’s.
- This position will suit a highly motivated, innovative and strong team player with experience and a proven track record of advancing drug discovery projects.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or a related field, with significant post-doctoral experience. Industrial experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech sector is a bonus;
- Extensive experience in the functional analysis/mechanistic aspects of signal transduction mediated by post-translational modifications, and of kinase-mediated signaling in particular;
- Management and leadership skills, ability to provide supervision and mentorship;
- Strong team ethic and focus on delivering to agreed project timelines;
- Motivated and passionate about conducting high quality scientific research.