Molding Facilitator - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
JOB SUMMARY -
Under the direction of the Molding Lead Business Unit Coordinator, the Molding Facilitator is responsible for achieving production requirements for Molding, including GMP and quality standards. Assist in budgeting cost of molding, plant safety standards and scheduling requirements. The Molding Facilitator is also generally responsible for coordinating Molding objectives through delegation of responsibilities and accountability through Sr. Mold Techs and Molding personnel.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the daily planning scheduling and coordinating the day-to-day operation of Molding, and other tasks as assigned.
- Providing direction to the Sr. Mold Techs and Molding personnel within the areas of safety, crewing, scheduling, method/means of molding processes, quality and waste standards, efficiencies and productivity, employee relations, and reinforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Promoting positive employee relations.
-Consulting with, and taking direction from, Human Resources and Molding Lead Business Unit Coordinator regarding special employee problems, policies, discipline and labor relations initiatives or issues, etc.
- Supporting BD/plant improvement initiatives such as Six Sigma, Validation, LEAN, training and work to provide the necessary resources to drive the success of these programs.
- Directing effort toward the reduction of process variation, while ensuring that molded products meet quality and GMP requirements. Monitoring and reacting to daily productivity and waste issues.
- Working closely with the Molding Material Engineering Supervisor to establish departmental budgets, cost reduction goals, and utilization or improvement objectives.
-Communicating and reinforcing objectives with direct subordinates.
- Monitoring staffing needs and communicating crewing or shortages to Molding Material Engineering Supervisor and Human Resources Managers.
Coordinating and/or initiating personnel requisitions for approval.
- Developing direct reports and providing performance feedback to direct reports. Generating preliminary annual performance appraisals for review by the Molding Lead BUC and Human Resources Managers.
The Molding Facilitator will administer performance appraisals to his/her direct reports. Provide feedback and direction regarding personal contribution or effectiveness, goals, objectives, and recommendations for personal development. Ensure that associates receive effective performance related feedback and training. Monitor and protect company assets. Reinforce company expectations regarding employee contribution and behavior/conduct. Interact with the Molding Material Engineering Supervisor, Process Engineer, Tooling Engineer
- Production and Engineering Managers to coordinate preventative maintenance. Assist with the scheduling and coordination of work during the annual shutdown period.
Facilitate departmental meetings as deemed necessary or required.
SHIFT: 11p - 7a
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
A four year degree is required with Engineering or Molding emphasis preferred.
1-2 years molding experience
1-3 years leadership experience
- The Molding Facilitator should have demonstrated experience with leading multiple complicated projects in both the short and long-term.
- The ability to read, interpret, understand and create technical drawings and schematics required.
- Experience and ability to operate sophisticated molding equipment and sound knowledge of molding processing and variables.
- Must possess a working knowledge of machine shop practices, sound engineering practices and business/ management procedures and requirements.
- Knowledge of material attributes and properties is essential.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.