This job is currently Archived,
Model-driven software engineer - Netherlands
Posted on : 13 May 2017
- We believe that changing lives of people is the most important thing we do.
- Through innovation, we make sure that people with Positional Sleep Apnea get treated in a comfortable way to make them feel good again.
- We thrive to enable sleep physicians to treat their patients effectively and sustainably.
- We are growing and are looking for Experts who want to be a part of our Team.
- Colleagues who love What they do and also think about Why they do.
- Our goal is to change lives of at least 500.000 people by 2020
Here is a brief overview of our Core Values.
We have a SPARK! Positive energy and passion is a signature for anyone in our team.
We walk the talk. We achieve results as agreed and deliver on time.
We own ownership. We thoughtfully consider stakeholders and future steps,
view things in a broader perspective to ensure success.
We design WOW! We inspire ourselves by the latest thoughts and innovations
and wow others with our vision, creative minds and smart ideas.
- Fanatical support
Count on us. We love personal contact with our patients, doctors, distributors, investors
and colleagues. We always proactively help each other.
We make our work exceptional. We value quality, design and Einstein’s simplicity.
We improve ourselves every day.
- Team spirit
We are a team! Together we proactively create a happy workspace.
We are honest with ourselves and each other and celebrate our successes (with champagne)!
- We develop devices for treating Positional Sleep Apnea.
- Our core product is the Sleep Position Trainer, a new innovation that is worn during sleep to train not to sleep on the back.
- With the Sleep Position Trainer, apnea patients get back their good nights’ rest and energetic lives.
- Our company was founded in 2009, is clinically proven in over 50.000 nights and is distributing her innovation in 9 European countries.
- We are working with specialized hospitals and clinics worldwide to expand the company.
- Patients who suffer from Positional OSAS can get a Sleep Position Trainer through prescriptions from ENT physicians and pulmonologists at these hospitals.
- We are a growing company with a young dynamic team where your expertise is needed.
- Our team is enthusiastic, ambitious and professional. The atmosphere is very informal and open, and there is a high level of employee involvement and commitment.
- We celebrate every goal reached! Regular BBQ’s, annual team events, Christmas parties and dinners and create fun time with our colleagues.
- We try to meet the users of our products every quarter in user sessions.
- We want to understand the outside dynamics and value of our business to users by visiting congresses worldwide. Also, don’t forget to watch our introduction movie.
We organize a company training day every quarter, hosted by experienced speakers focusing on professional development. We also stimulate individual development and coaching in order to be an A+ player. We have a weekly inspirational movie, presented by one of our team members and provide a monthly learning based on the experience of our colleagues. Plus there is a learning budget free to spend on external courses and learning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an enterprise application for company's medical product with a focus on performance, scalability and stability.
- Build a quality application taking security and privacy of (medical) data security into account.
- Optimize application for usability, maximum speed and scalability.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Creating a domain model (database is handled by Mendix).
- Implementing automated testing platforms and appropriate tests.
- Documentation within development process for compliance with IEC 62304 standards.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Bridge the gap between data resources and front-end requests, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application works as well as usability.
Skills / Requirements
- Degree (or equivalent) in an applicable Software Engineering or Computer Science field.
- Experience in developing enterprise software system projects to successful launch in worldwide markets including the US.
- Proven track record in Architecting large-scale Enterprise software systems that were delivered to market.
- Good understanding of medical device software system global quality / regulatory requirements, design files, documentation and qualification.
- Demonstrable experience and applicable expertise in requirements gathering, product specifications, design of complex telehealth systems incorporating medical devices, enterprise software and interoperability with external applications and other 3rd party components.
- Experience in delivering cloud based solutions and establishing a service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language (preferably Java), PostgreSQL/SQL and REST/SOAP is a must.
- Experience in design of enterprise solutions incorporating data security compliant to Regulatory guidance, especially FDA.
- Basic knowledge of Python for communication with other stakeholders.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / SVN.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
- Proven ability to measure productivity improvements for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills in English and/or Dutch.
- Experience with aPaaS is preferable, especially Mendix.
- Understanding of Agile software development (preferably SCRUM).
- Understanding of Atlassian tools (JIRA & Confluence) is preferred.
- Experience in managing 3rd party development partners.
What we offer
- A market conform salary and benefits.
- An inspiring working environment where autonomy is appreciated.
- An organisation where professional and personal growth are important.