Mobility Engineer Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
We are seeking energetic, experience mobility engineer to join our Client Computing group in Branchburg, NJ. The Mobility Engineer will work on a global team supporting 60k devices (Phones, tablets) for iOS, Android and Windows mobile platform. The Mobility Engineer will be responsible for contributing to and/or leading the following tasks:
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering and testing support for all current and future mobile infrastructure solutions
- Further develop the mobility strategic vision for the organization, through research and evaluation of new technologies
- Work with other IT, security and business related areas to keep abreast of the latest mobility requirements and policies
- Partner with divisional IT and the business to understand current mobility requirements and implement solutions that meet their needs
- Work with various wireless carriers, device OEMs, software vendors to understand their strategies in providing enterprise mobility solutions
- Assist with developing and communicating new mobility services offerings and device standards
- Representing Mobility Infrastructure Services on various IT projects and business initiatives
- Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED is required (MSc Degree or BSc Degree in Computer Science or Computer Science Engineering is preferred)
Required Experience and Skills:
Minimum of 3 years of experience with Mobility Device Management (MDM) solutions such as MobileIron, Airwatch, JAMF Casper.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in systems engineering activities contributing to the successful delivery of Enterprise Mobility Infrastructure solutions including application deployment, automation improvements, emerging technologies.
Minimum of 3 years of working knowledge / hands-on experience the design, implementation, and support , troubleshooting on mobile OS platforms – iOS, Android, Windows Phone
Minimum of 2 years of extensive engineering experience in supporting server infrastructure technologies, including those that rely on Apache, Linux, Windows and SQL systems.
Working knowledge of the mobile application development process
Working knowledge of currently available mobile device management and mobile application management solutions
Ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and technical staff at all levels
Proven track records of delivering results with a high degree of customer focus and satisfaction
Excellent written communication and organizational skills
Fluency in reading/writing/speaking English
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Working experience with SDLC, IML, Remedy change management and standard documentation processes
Experience designing, executing and documenting QA testing scenarios
- Solid understanding of mobile messaging, wireless networking and Active Directory technologies
- IT project and organizational management
- SQL scripting and SQL Reporting Services experience desirable
- Able to work effectively, both independently and within a team that is regionally based
Able to think outside the box in developing and supporting mobile solutions for the enterprise
Able to present on and/or speak to various mobility topics
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Engineering, Development & Integration
Job Title:Spclst, Eng., Dev. & Integration
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Branchburg
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable): 1st
Company Trade Name:Merck
Job Segment: Engineer, Network, Data Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Data, Research