Mobile Software Engineer Lead - United States
Becton Dickinson (company)
As the Mobile Software Engineer Lead you will be the technical leader of a team of talented engineers. You will collaborate together to develop, enhance, and sustain mobile apps in a cross-functional team environment. You will drive innovation through design and development of unique solutions that result in a positive business impact and improve Healthcare. You will leverage our established design control processes and good engineering practices. You will design and architect mobile solutions for challenging customer problems. You will implement complex software code in accordance with industry best practices, project requirements, and UXD guidelines. You will ensure the team implements comprehensive software unit tests to ensure product stability and ensure we have a solid CI process. You will review designs and lead meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve mobile problems. You will participate in determining scope for new projects.
- Five years experience with developing complex Mobile Apps. Samples will be required.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple/Android Native development
- Team leadership experience and skillset
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of software engineering practices and techniques, technology trends, and working knowledge of mobile solutions design
- Defines, analyzes, and interprets user needs for creating mobile solutions
- Able to understand high-level design principles and apply them to implement a specific solution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working in Scrum teams and task management
- Xamarin Development experience
- Azure and Cloud solution experience
- Familiarity with Bluetooth integration on custom devices
- Practical knowledge of C#
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server or similar tool
- Certified Apple/Android Developer
- Experience working with offshore and distributed teams
- Health Care or medical device/technology familiarity
Xamarin, XCode, Swift, Eclipse, Visual Studio, InVision, MS Office Suite, MS Visio
The Clinical Workflow Applications team, within Becton Dickinson, delivers workflow efficiency and patient safety improvements in Healthcare. Our solutions enable people to be more efficient in their role as a clinician, care giver, or in peronally managing their Healthcare. In fact, our mobile solutions and innovation have made us the Mobile Center of Excellence for BD. We strive every day to deliver value to our customers and Advancing the World of Health!
Our team strives for excellence in software development. The Mobile Dev team plays a key role in providing software solutions, tools, analytics that solve customer problems. We use technology to unite our workforce over multiple time zones and deliver software applications to our global Healthcare community.
Are we the RIGHT FIT for you?
- You will be working in an innovative environment where we embrace new technology…not because it is cool, but because it makes sense. Intellectual curiosity, integrity, adaptability, and a passion for technology are the core values of our team.
- We have a casual dress environment and enjoy keeping everyone hopped up on coffee. It seems to work really well for us.
- There is no upper limit on professional growth here; where possible, we promote from within. As a general rule, talent, aptitude, discipline, and drive outweigh experience.
- On-going training is valued and encouraged for our staff. If our developers want to pursue a new certification or take a course that is relevant to their work, we pay for it.
- Hard work and ownership is rewarded here. We look after our staff’s well-being; you will enjoy a competitive salary, performance bonuses, exceptional benefits package, and professional development opportunities.
\We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate against race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.