Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company, committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. Solvay innovates and partners with customers in diverse global end markets. Its products and solutions are used in planes, cars, smart and medical devices, batteries, in mineral and oil extraction, among many other applications promoting sustainability.
Its light weighting materials enhance cleaner mobility, its formulations optimize the use of resources, and its performance chemicals improve air and water quality. The Group achieved net sales of €10.9bn in 2016 and has 139 industrial sites and 27,000 employees in 58 countries. Solvay is headquartered in Brussels and listed on Euronext Brussels and Paris.
Our Research & Innovation Function is at the heart of global innovation eco-systems and our researcher’s worldwide partner with academia, industrials, start-up and venture capital to develop break-through solutions addressing global challenges. We have world class researcher base of over 2000 working across 21 major R&I centers across the globe.
Inviting young and dynamic researchers with expertise in Microscopy and interested to pursue an exciting career opportunity with Solvay in India.
This position will be based out our R&I Center at Vadodara and will report to the Materials Lab Manager.
· Responsible for routine microscopic support related to existing and new product developments and to develop new methods in the field
Keep up with the recent development in the area of expertise and communicate to the organization
· Provide customer support through efficient customer interaction and timely response
· Contribute to innovation projects (tasks, priorities, project performance) as well as fast track projects
· Must work well in a team and cross-functional environment
· Must follow Solvay lab safety and environment policies
· Coach and provide technical training to junior researchers
· Master’s degree or a PhD in Material science
· Minimum 3 years work experience in the field of microscopy
· A large practice of the microscopy of polymers
· Skills in sample preparation using microtome, polishing machine, cryofracture tools, etc.
· Hands on experience and good practice of the SEM-EDS (thermo ionic gun).
· Knowledge of optical tools (camera, magnifier, optical microscope, etc.) and should be familiar with data processing of pictures.
· Analytical mind and should be able to work independently and in team
· Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
· A broad knowledge of material characterization techniques and experience with computer simulation and modeling will be plus.