Microbiology Analyst - Food and Water.
Position: Microbiology Technician.
The Microbiology Analyst shall carry out most of his/her duties in the Microbiology Laboratory and the primary tasks and responsibilities of the position are as follows.
• Working as directed by Microbiology Laboratory lab supervisor according to Company safety policies and quality standards
• Performing microbiological testing and confirmation on samples to relevant test methods.
• Ensuring results are recorded in a timely and accurate fashion
• Ensuring that any out of suspicious results are alerted to supervisor.
• Completion of test records / LIMS and ensuring Right First Time KPIs are achieved.
• Stock control within Micro laboratory
• Support of validation activity when required
• Maintaining laboratory records in a state of compliance.
• Participating in audits when required.
• Performing or assisting Quality Manager with calibration of equipment
• Waste control and maintenance of the laboratory and of Lab cleaning schedule
• Performing any other activities as indicated by the Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor
• Support the Lean Laboratory program within the Microbiology Laboratory.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
A Degree or Diploma in Microbiology or a related discipline is desirable
• 2+ years food microbiology experience
• Background in food micro testing and cryptosporidium analysis experience
• Good team player, organised, accurate, have strong documentation skills
• Passionate about technical expertise and quality work.
• Good communication skills both internally and externally.
• A good role model for junior technicians