This job is currently Archived,
Microbiology Analyst - United States
Posted on : 05 July 2017
- Our company is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), as well as receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug.
- The company is the world's largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies. Our company is looking to add a Microbiology Analyst to their team.
- The successful candidate will be able to work in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current GLP’s, SOP’s, analytical methods, and work instructions.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team are desired.
- A thorough understanding of aseptic technique is essential.
- Microbiological testing is performed on raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, water samples, and environmental swab samples.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Daily, monthly, and quarterly cleaning and sanitizing of assigned laboratory areas
- Media preparation and use of autoclaves
- Collecting environmental samples
- Compositing of finished product and raw material samples
- Bacterial enumeration using pour plate, spread plate, Petrifilm, and MPN methods.
- Pathogen detection using cultural, ELISA, and PCR methods.
- Bacterial identification via Vitek
- Allergen testing
- Documentation and data entry of final results into the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Three years experience in a microbiology, pharmaceutical or clinical laboratory is preferred.
- A four-year college degree in Microbiology or Biological Science.
- Consideration may be given to those who hold 10 years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.