Are you looking for a challenge within a dynamic global organisation or a German family business? At B. Braun you can find both. For more than 175 years and counting, B. Braun is amongst the world's top healthcare companies operating in 64 countries, with over 55,000 experts networking their knowledge every day. You can thrive in this strong culture of continuous exchange. Become a part of the B. Braun family and share your expertise. Together we improve healthcare.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- Under the direction of the Metrology Manager, supervises Metrology Technicians to ensure timely and efficient calibration of production, facility, and quality measuring & test equipment for the Alton and Irvine facilities. Responsibilities include establishing and monitoring performance of calibrations for improvement of production line performance. Provide customer service to all Metrology customers including but not limited to scheduling calibration work and processing request forms. Maintains calibration data and records as required per GMP and B Braun requirements.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Direct supervision of up to 10 hourly employees.
- Supervises personnel for proper application of company policies and procedures and on the job performance.
- Receiving and scheduling calibration work.
- Reviewing and approving technician and vendor calibration work.
- Coordinates with the Metrology Coordinator for internal customers and calibration vendors for on-site calibrations.
- Maintains calibration data and records as required per GMP and B Braun requirements utilizing the Calibration Management System software.
- Creates and/or prepares the necessary documentation of calibration activities.
- Update managers, supervisors, engineers, and project teams on the status of calibration projects.
- Collects, records, and analyzes calibration data to generate reports. Reports any test results that do not meet specification to the appropriate personnel, in order to analyze the impact of the nonconformance on production.
- Performs department and project related duties for engineers such as expediting, shipping preparations, retrieval or delivery or special assignments as directed by the Metrology Manager.
- Maintain laboratory notebooks per GMP requirements.
- Assist in performing Metrology Quality Audits.
- Ensures that all areas and equipment are maintained in Good Housekeeping condition.
- Ensures adequate staffing (headcount) and coordinates tasks for hiring of additional personnel.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Proficiency in computers, databases, word processing and spreadsheets is required.
- Company policies and procedures, GMP, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
- Computer applications programs
- Metrology Laboratory Workload Planning
- Technical expertise in the Metrology field.
- Good knowledge of engineering principles.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and documents.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Leadership and training ability.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Time and project management skills.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Educational attainment equivalent to a BS degree (Electrical or Mechanical degree desired) or a minimum of 5-7 years experience supplemented by technical training and/or supervisory courses. Experience in the calibration of product processing, analytical laboratory, measuring and test equipment, and calibration standards, preferably in the life science industry.
- Candidate must understand metrology concepts, read and follow detailed calibration procedures, basic math, and ability to read and understand drawings, and schematics. Knowledge of basic engineering principals in the mechanical, electrical and physical science.
- Computer literate with experience using a Calibration Management Software (Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Manager), MS Word and Excel, and other equipment specific software’s.
- Must pass Medical Requirements and Containment/Clean Room training for entry into the DUPLEX facility.
- BS degree in Engineering with at least 5 years experience in a Metrology Laboratory within a Life Science company.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
Limited business travel required.
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.