- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us using technology.
On this position you will
- Build and lead the team responsible for metadata related concepts.
- His/her team will be responsible for:
- Finalize concept of metadata in Merck as a part of the Reference Architecture
- Review and build the metadata team
- Manage the metadata team reporting to the EIM Platform lead
- Awareness of metadata solutions across the company
- Support EIM platform lead in development and definition of EIM architecture, governance and proper technology components of the platform from point of view of business and technical metadata
- Check market trends, new use cases for metadata concepts and technologies for EIM and suggests its(their) development in terms of road-maps of upgrades and ways of its/their use to support EIM platform lead in management of overall portfolio of the platform technologies and services.
- Provide support of competency and project teams and analysts in terms of education and training of proper creation and usage of metadata solutions
- Set up best practices, rules and standards for creation of metadata as a part of development and delivery process in business intelligence
- Enforce creation of metadata content as a part of the project for delivery of analytics, establish processes and practices for checking metadata content and structure against defined standards.
- He/She is communicating & collaborating, and driving decision making across a complex, global organization
- Ensure alignment of architecture, proposed designs and solutions in context with other IT/IS organization units as well as with business requirements
For this position it necessary that you have:
- People management and leadership
- Possesses strong strategic and tactical skills as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Analyzes current conditions and clearly defines problems and opportunities.
- Must be able to work independently and enable/facilitate productive and business-like meetings.
- Must be able to work with individuals at all levels and demonstrate a level of professionalism that instills confidence and inspires trust.
- Ability to create efficient networking in a global company
- Ability to achieve goals through others without having direct responsibility for them is critical.
- Strong communication, and change management.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment and thorough understanding of the System Development Life Cycle for computerized systems.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge in Business Intelligence overall, especially in metadata space – both technical and business
- Ability to advocate metadata concept across the company, mainly in terms of business metadata, though in technical metadata too.
Preferred Experience and Skills but not mandatory:
- The candidate should have 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience with building a business metadata solution
- Knowledge and experiences related to maintenance of content of metadata and overall metadata governance
- Competitive remuneration
- Position in a leading global healthcare company
- Challenging career
- Professional growth based on performance
- Innovative and flexible working environment
- Wide range of benefits
Job Segment: Engineer, Manager, Animal Health, Change Management, Business Intelligence, Engineering, Management, Veterinary, Technology