Mergers and Acquisitions, Special Project Accounting Manager - United States
- Manage accounting due diligence pertaining to targets for acquisition.
- Manage or perform accounting for purchase price allocations and “Day One” accounting, including creation or obtainment of Closing and Opening Balance Sheets, for targets and acquired businesses.
- Manage the work of specialists in valuation services and other areas as necessary.
- Coordinate with other groups within the company to ensure accurate M&A accounting and M&A related disclosures within Company SEC filings.
- Manage the completion of M&A related internal controls and prepare or obtain necessary information to ensure accurate and timely audits of M&A accounting by internal and external auditors.
- Liaise with a target company's finance/accounting departments and advisors to gather pertinent accounting support.
- Assist and advise on post-acquisition integration accounting activities.
- Perform accounting and research as necessary in M&A related and other activities from time to time.
- Identify sustainable strategic improvements, suggest corrective actions, coordinate implementation and track efficiencies achieved.
- Identify process improvements and assist in the implementation of related processes and controls.
- Identify improvements that will positively impact corporate success and fully comply with objectives and regulations.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Six to eight years related experience with at least three of the required years with a national or regional CPA firm and/or commercial company with consolidation. Experience with international accounting and financial reporting required.An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Regularly provides information to and receives information from/through various technologies, media, sources and contacts.
- Must be able to accurately exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Periodic travel required.
- General office working conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Employment Opportunity