Meetings and Events Coordinator - United States
- The Meetings Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the meetings management process.
- This position serves as the liaison between internal customers and external suppliers to ensure that meeting requirements are met in the most efficient and cost effective manner. They operate as a centralized entity with specialized skills in planning, managing and consulting on company sponsored meetings or those which affect various departments across the organization.
- The ideal candidate will be organized, demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and have a strong service orientation.
- They will work well in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, with limited direction and will demonstrate eagerness to learn and take on additional responsibility.
- The Meetings Coordinator will successfully plan and execute domestic meetings, conferences, and meetings.
- Meetings may include Sales Meetings, Strategic Planning Meetings, Medical Conferences, Ad Boards, etc.
- The position requires exemplary customer service skills, ability to utilize online registration and mobile application programs, strong contract negotiation skills, excellent accuracy and attention to detail, and solid problem-solving skills.
- This role also calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as physicians and vendors.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Coordinate all project deliverables, task lists, work effort, resources, timelines, roles and responsibilities, milestones, critical sign offs, required reports, status updates for each program. This includes client interaction, preparation for meetings, agenda, minutes, record keeping and summaries.
- Work with internal departments to gather meeting requirements and make appropriate and creative recommendations.
- Manage online registration needs as well as manage mobile application needs leading up to the meeting and onsite.
- Ensure compliance guidelines are followed, materials are routed as appropriate and all approvals obtained.
- Confirm deliverables with all parties prior to the meeting and follow checklists to ensure proper meeting execution.
- Provide onsite support meetings as necessary, to ensure meeting adheres to schedule and resolve any unexpected problems.
- Reconcile meeting expenses and evaluate effectiveness of the meeting.
- Project management of resources, timelines and production demands during the planning process.
- Manage several meetings and projects simultaneously while maintaining highest level of client satisfaction.
- Participate in meetings with management and steering committees in gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and preparing recommendations to project future requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate meeting planning experience.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.