Medical Scientific Liaison - Austria
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company in Austria has a current opening for an independent Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) to serve as the country scientific expert for our marketed and launch products in the Oncology therapeutic area under the guidance of the Medical Affairs Lead Oncology.
- An active member of the country Medical Affairs Department, you will be responsible for providing medical/scientific information to Clinical and Scientific Leaders (CSL) in the (Immuno-)Oncology field throughout Austria based on cutting-edge scientific exchange oriented towards the CSL’s interests and needs.
- Working mainly field-based, your practices and interactions with Clinical and Scientific Leaders will be driven by professional needs, strictly non-promotional and based on the principle of a peer-to-peer scientific information exchange and communication.
Main accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the non-promotional exchange of peer-to-peer medical and scientific information with customers and internal stakeholders
- Create disease area awareness and the understanding of relevant scientific evidence in therapeutic areas of interest to our company.
- Develop an understanding of regional and national thought-leaders and the healthcare environments in which they work through the development and maintenance of highly effective relationships with healthcare professionals that are centered on science and the credible exchange of unbiased scientific information
- Participate in the development of the Medical Affairs Plans (MAPs) and implement tactics identified in the MAP that align with company’s therapeutic areas of interest
- Represent the Medical Department at local or regional non-promotional medical events (e.g. Medical Congresses and Symposia), as requested
- Upon receipt of unsolicited request from CSL, provide literature search and information services
- Organization of Advisory Boards, speaker events and education programs to facilitate scientific exchange
- Identify/specify general areas of company interest where Investigator Initiated Study Programs (IISP) may be supported and facilitate IIS management
- Support company commercial colleagues to provide balanced and scientific information and training, on therapeutic areas related to assigned disease entities
- Collaborates with MRL/GCTO personnel to identify potential investigators
- Medical Degree, Pharm D, Pharmacist, PhD in a Life Science or equivalent education
- Extensive scientific baseline knowledge in Oncology disease area; specific expertise in lung cancer and/or breast cancer is beneficial
- Excellent awareness of the Austrian Oncology market as well as an established network of Key Opinion Leaders in the field
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to function within a team environment
- Willingness to travel throughout Austria approx. 75% of the time
- Sound understanding of clinical trials methods, implementation and interpretation of clinical data
- Sound scientific and clinical judgment, and an eagerness to continue to learn more in Oncology therapeutic area
- Strong, confident and engaging presentation skills
- Simultaneously handling multiple tasks and working under pressure
- A proactive "can do" attitude and passion for the therapeutic areas of interest
- Strong customer facing, listening, and probing skills
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors, being a role model of business integrity
- Professional proficiency in German, both verbal and written; additional strong English language skills are required
Job Segment: Medical, Oncology, Scientific, Healthcare, Engineering