Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) Oncology – Norway - Norway
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) Oncology – Norway.
Takeda is a global pharmaceutical leader with more than 31,000 professionals working together across 70 countries. We have an unwavering dedication to put people first and we live our values of Takeda-ism—Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance. We are united by our 235-year legacy of research-based pharmaceuticals and our mission to strive toward Better Health and a Brighter Future for people worldwide through leading innovation in medicine.
Watch our Medicine for the World video: Watch our Medicine for the World video.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a MSL Oncology, Norway, working on the Swiss Medical Affairs team, a typical day will include:
- Provide local country field-based support from the medical function in order to achieve the company’s goals
- Identify and develop strong, sustainable peer-to-peer relationships with external stakeholders through excellent, best-in-class engagement to support the medical/scientific objectives of the company
- Assist with launch of new oncology products in market
- Medical/Scientific Affairs
- Continuously screen, review and analyse scientific literature; generate summaries & critical assessments if appropriate
- Attend local and global congresses to gather information for dissemination to internal stakeholders
- Use specific disease and product knowledge to develop Takeda in a given therapeutic area; i.e. answer medical/technical unsolicited enquiries from HCPs, provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information relating to licensed and unlicensed indications following unsolicited requests from HCPs, etc.
- Participate in the development and implementation of key medical activities (e.g. Advisory boards, medical education and peer-to-peer training activities)
- Provide clinical presentations and medical information as necessary
- Participate in development of patient services and healthcare solutions
- Insight generation
- Identify and develop long term peer-to-peer relationships with opinion leaders and other relevant stakeholders in order to understand their unmet needs and implement a targeted approach and tactics in order to present medical data in the most efficient way
- Support Medical Advisors by acting as consultants on data interpretation and real world experience with Brigatinib.
- Act as field-based reference points of scientific and clinical expertise for sales force and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Market access) through training and ad-hoc support, in alignment with Takeda project teams
- Support advisory boards including development, implementation, and facilitation, as needed
- Establish and maintain relationships with KOLs
- Assist with all elements of local product launches
- Evidence generation
- Support ongoing and future Company Sponsored Studies i.e. provides local affiliate (LOC) review of proposed CRO site lists, attendance at Global/Regional Investigator Meetings, attend motivational site visits, provides site/investigator feedback to clinical operations etc. following the appropriate request from Global Development Operations and inform other LOC functions on progress in site involvement process in a timely manner
- Capture and share in-field insights to support medical and scientific strategy and business development. Share in-field insights in a compliant manner with relevant business functions.
- Facilitate unsolicited requests from HCPs for investigator-initiated sponsored research proposals through engagement with Global External Research
- Support Medical Affairs Company Studies (MACS) through site selection, accrual monitoring, and training
- Development and support of national disease registries and Real World Evidence (RWE) projects for relevant disease areas. Understand the patient journey leverage points and provide insights to support medical and scientific strategy development
- Interact with opinion leaders to communicate and advance Takeda’s scientific platform, as aligned with organisational goals, objectives and medical plans
- Ensure consistent communication to external stakeholders of ongoing clinical trial program when requested
- Staff Congress booths to reactively provide fair, balanced, and unbiased information regarding products
- Assist with the development of internal training material when requested.
- Solid tumor therapy experience, lung cancer experience or other targeted therapy experience preferred
- Experience as MSL or other relevant customer facing role
- Strong customer engagement skills (e.g. communication, negotiations, presentation etc.) with the ability to engage both external and internal customers
- Experience with new product launches, especially in oncology and/or orphan disease markets
- The candidate will ideally have both solid and haem experience, but not required
- Education recommended to be PharmD, PhD, MD or MSc
- Native or business level of Norwegian; Danish can also be considered; very good conversational English