Medical Science Liaisons Manager, Neuroscience - Canada
Medical Science Liaisons Manager, Neuroscience
(Montreal, Quebec) Canada
06 June 2017
We are looking for a qualified Medical Science Liaisons Manager, Neuroscience to join the Lundbeck Canada Medical and Regulatory Affairs Department. This position is permanent full-time and the candidate must reside in the Greater Montreal Area (Home based position). The employee will report to Jean Proulx, Senior Director, Medical and Regulatory Affairs.
As Manager, Medical Science Liaisons, CNS, the individual who is reporting to the Senior Director, Medical and Regulatory Affairs is responsible for strategically developing and conducting field activities aimed at advancing scientific knowledge of marketed and emerging products or indications within the appropriate business unit, portfolio, and the relevant disease areas. The individual works collaboratively with head office functions in order to provide field scientific leadership and to ensure knowledge transfer to the CNS MSL team, and to internal and external stakeholders. The individual’s key role is to lead in the development and dissemination of a strong and balanced scientific message to opinion leaders and other stakeholders for Lundbeck products and activities while cultivating their scientific engagement.
The safety of our patients: You are expected to immediately forward any reports of adverse events or special situations on our products as well as any product complaints and counterfeit or suspected counterfeit medicine to Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance (firstname.lastname@example.org) as per training on current procedures.
Medical Science Liaison Team Management (45%)
The individual undertakes responsibility for recruiting, managing, coordinating and leading the field-based Neuroscience MSL team in establishing peer-to-peer relationships with key opinion leaders, stakeholders, and disease advocates.
Develop and implement the MSL strategic and tactical plan in cooperation with internal stakeholders to ensure seamless integration with corporate objectives:
• Work collaboratively with all internal units to ensure alignment in Key Opinion Leader (KOL) and stakeholder identification, planning customer contacts, and outlining responsibilities.
• Develop and cultivate important internal and external relationships/KOL engagement plan at the national and regional level.
• Ensure alignment with national strategies and objectives when implementing and executing regional activities or capitalizing on local opportunities.
• Ensure that regional scientific issues, opportunities, and business intelligence are communicated back to appropriate internal stakeholders.
• Prepare the health care environment for emerging brands by providing a medical/ scientific evidence-based rationale for positioning these as a solution to unmet needs.
• Maximize relationships with top-tier customers by interacting and leveraging opportunities in therapeutic areas of interest.
• Ensure planning and follow up on the Neuroscience MSL tactical plan budget and estimates.
•Work with the Scientific Advisor to develop scientific tools required for MSL activities.
Manage, coordinate, and integrate the activities of the field-based Neuroscience MSL team:
• Optimize team effectiveness and performance by facilitating the scientific knowledge transfer and professional growth of direct reports through coaching in the field, training, and providing development opportunities across active and emerging portfolios and therapeutic areas.
• Select appropriate metrics to measure effectiveness of field based interactions and programs.
• Understand corporate governance and strategies in order to provide the appropriate guidance with regards to interactions with physicians, health-care professionals, disease advocates, and other stakeholders.
• Facilitate communications between internal stakeholders to ensure tactics are effectively and efficiently coordinated and executed, to maximize synergies, and capitalize on regional opportunities.
• Ensure compliance to operating procedures, codes and regulations of field based interactions and programs.
Field Scientific Leadership (40%)
The individual contributes to corporate strategy development by providing scientific, therapeutic, and health-care advice for portfolio products:
• Foster cooperative relationships with Canadian experts to ensure high-level integrated understanding across relevant therapeutic areas for the purpose of identifying knowledge gaps, unmet clinical needs, educational and therapeutic opportunities, and competitive intelligence.
• Work collaboratively with internal units to ensure the development of a cohesive and consistent field scientific strategy to guide MSL activities across the product life-cycle from early development to pre- and post-approval.
• Provide feedback to internal units concerning the scientific and therapeutic validity of product strategies.
• Collaborate with internal units on the planning and implementation of late-phase research programs.
Provide field leadership in the strategic planning for emerging products and portfolios:
• Maintain expertise in therapeutic areas encompassed by the business unit in order to provide competitive intelligence, identify growth opportunities, and to prepare for launch of emerging products.
• Coordinate internal review and oversee investigator initiated trial programs.
Professional Development (15%)
• Invest time and energy into self-professional development while maintaining competencies. (5%)
• Support and follow up on employees’ competencies, knowledge and professional development. (10%)
-Ph.D. or Pharm.D. or Master’s degree in Sciences or equivalent.
-Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Medical Affairs in Neuroscience within the Canadian pharmaceutical industry.
-Minimum of two (2) years of experience in team management.
-Excellent knowledge of Canadian regulations.
-Knowledge of Canadian health care environment.
-Field experience in Medical Affairs.
-Strong ability to leverage scientific knowledge and manage relationships with internal and external partners.
-Bilingualism (French & English), oral and written.
-High proficiency in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010.
Normal office conditions -Yes
Evening/weekend commitments - Yes
Travel commitments Yes
% travel required 40-50%
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position.
Lundbeck is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in brain diseases. For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience. Our key areas of focus are alcohol dependence, Alzheimer’s disease, bipolar disorder, depression/anxiety, epilepsy, Huntington’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, schizophrenia and symptomatic neurogenic orthostatic hypotension (NOH).
An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with brain disease and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences. Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with brain disease – we call this Progress in Mind.
Read more at www.lundbeck.com/global/about-us/progress-in-mind.
In 2015, Lundbeck can celebrate its 100th anniversary. During the past century, millions of people have been treated with our therapies. It is complex and challenging to develop improved treatments for brain disease, but we keep our focus: There is still so much we need to achieve in the next 100 years to ensure a better life for people living with brain disease.
Our approximately 6,000 employees in 57 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales. Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries. We have research centres in China, Denmark and the United States and production facilities in China, Denmark, France and Italy. Lundbeck generated core revenue of DKK 13.5 billion in 2014 (EUR 1.8 billion; USD 2.4 billion).
For additional information, we encourage you to visit our corporate site www.lundbeck.com.