KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The MSL is a field-facing role whose main objective is to engage with external stakeholders on medical/scientific topics.
The MSL should aim to build a long-term peer-to-peer relationship with external stakeholders.
Focus should be placed on sharing of medical scientific exchange and under no circumstance sharing of product promotional information.
MSLs should represent a credible source of scientific information vis-à-vis external stakeholders.
The MSL scientifically engages influential external stakeholders, such as physicians and HCPs, pre-launch about Dengue disease, and post-launch about Dengue vaccine, results of Sanofi Pasteur clinical trials, licensing information and local recommendations for use.
The MSL is expected to be a vaccine disease expert and to facilitate information sharing on research developments and field activities associated with the Dengue vaccine.
In addition, the MSL is expected to build strong cross-functional relationships with colleagues in Medical Affairs and Commercial Operations, while maintaining full compliance with all relevant company, industry, legal, and regulatory requirements.
The insights gained by the MSL while engaging with stakeholders are to be shared with the broader organization in order to contribute to updates of messages, plans, and strategy.
Engages external stakeholders on medical and scientific information in one-on-one interactions as well as in group settings
- Engage with stakeholders around medical/scientific topics to advance understanding of the disease and to strengthen relationships as peer-to-peer thought partner
- Shares information and answers questions or objections based on pre-approved materials, e.g.:
Informs stakeholders on safety issues
Shares outcomes of clinical trials with stakeholders that are on CDA pre-publication and with all stakeholders post-publication
- Plans, attends, conducts, and follows up on stakeholder interactions, e.g.:
Develops and executes engagement plan for target stakeholders
Attends and follows up on scientific congresses, symposia, or other events
Organizes educational meetings or local scientific advisory boards
Generates insights from stakeholder interactions, including stakeholder profiling and provides feedback to the broader organization
- Identifies, prioritizes and profiles stakeholders while looking for opportunities to collaborate, e.g.:
Identifies potential spokespeople, detractors and opinion leaders
Profiles physicians and patients based on needs, preferences and trends
- Collects feedback/reactions from these stakeholders, e.g.:
Aggregates physicians' reactions on messaging and patients' behavior towards product (indirectly from physicians)
Updates stakeholder tracking tool for insights on interactions
Leverages insights collected and contributes to central updates of messages, plans, strategy, and systems
Educates internal stakeholders on scientific and medical information
- Develops, organizes and distributes scientific and medical materials as well as trainings to internal stakeholders, e.g.:
Provides Market Access with scientific inputs and materials for formulary review, including RWE
Develops scientific material such as slide decks, in collaboration with Medical Affairs
Trains or advises internal stakeholders, including local sales personnel
Pushes exchange of best practices by facilitating communication and organizing meetings and events among MSLs and with other functions, both locally and across geographies
- The MSL will leverage existing educational slide decks developed by global Medical Affairs and the country Medical Manager and will follow all applicable internal procedures for the review and approval of any education material he/she adapts.
Supports evidence generation activities by aiding in data acquisition and by identifying opportunities for further data collection
- Monitors disease progression and provides support when needed on various types of studies, e.g.:
Pharmacovigilance studies, post-launch effectiveness or pharmaco-epidemiological surveillance studies
Long-term surveillance, compliance and effectiveness studies
Ongoing monitoring of epidemiology i.e. spread, occurrence frequency, etc.
- Identifies data collection opportunities, e.g.:
Finds opportunities for collaboration with stakeholders on publications and on investigator initiated studies
Suggests clinical trial sites
Perform other duties as assigned. Respect of company’s values, code of ethics and social charter. Respect of personal data protection charter. Responsible for applying the HSE related requirements for the company in all related working procedures
Key “MUST HAVE” competencies, skills & experiences
- Bachelor of Medicine is a Must
- Fluent English language.
- Computer knowledge.
- Communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills
- Scientific knowledge of disease areas and products
- Scientific Credibility
- Clinical studies
- Scientific and Medical Intelligence
“Desirable” / compromise experience
- Experience in the Pharma industry is a plus
- Preferred medical background in vaccines
- Management of KOLs
- Act for change
- Strive for results
- Cooperate Transversally
- Commit to Customer
- Make Decision
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Find a Job Find Candidates