Medical Science Liaison (temporary position- Biosimilars) - Czechia
|External Posting Title||Medical Science Liaison (temporary position- Biosimilars)|
|Job Description||We are looking for a |
Medical Science Liaison (m/f)
Biosimilars Function (BBU)
In line with the CEE Medical Affairs BBU strategy the MSL CZ provides the strategic alignment for Czech Republic BBU Medical Affairs and has responsibility for the MA activities, including Post marketing studies, Medical educational activities, pharmacovigilance, drug safety and medical compliance for all products within the country.
The MSL CZ ensures execution of the Medical Affairs strategy and builds and maintains trusted medical / scientific relationships with health care community stakeholders.
The MSL CZ is the medical member of the Czech Republic BBU team
Medical Governance and Medical Projects:
Establish BBU as the external medical partner of choice for our therapeutic areas in line with the Medical Affairs vision,
• Develop and execute medical activities and provide input into the affiliate budgeting and planning process. Build high value-added continuous medical educational programs for external stakeholders
• Provide medical information aligned with our European and Regional medical information team.
• Coordinate medical review of country-specific promotional materials to ensure scientific accuracy when needed and clearly express rationale for any objection and sign-off before release
• Identify top external experts and develop strong peer-to-peer scientific partnerships with them, leading external expert coordination strategies within local / regional / global medical team
• Developing and executing phase IVs, registries, etc. (master real-life medicine) in accordance with the local regulations and the global data generation strategies
• Provide medical perspective and knowledge to other teams within the BBU and affiliate. Ensure sound medical judgments
• Support regulatory strategies for registration of new products by providing local expertise.
• Ensure exchange of medical information with other functions as appropriate for medical affairs and behave as a role model
• Partner and collaborate with market access to show medical value of approved products relevant to local external stakeholders (payers, HCPs, agencies).
2. Medical Activity planning:
• Provide medical input into regional medical strategy leveraging local customer insights. Lead development of the Czech medical plan, partnering with the affiliate team across functions to define, establish and execute a coherent local business plan that addresses patient needs.
• Consistently update CEE Medical Lead and Regional Director on any developments in the Czech Republic that would positively or negatively impact BBU business.
|Job Category||Global Medical/Medical Affairs|
|Qualifications||F. Knowledge & Skills|
The breadth of knowledge/skills/experience required to successfully perform the job. (Unique to Individual Contributor roles)
• Expert Knowledge and understanding of relevant disease areas and clinical studies,
• Broad experience in interaction with health authorities,
• Demonstrated strategic approach and ease on scientific communication on disease areas and treatments,
• Deep understanding of the healthcare system in the country,
• Knowledge of relevant health care policy aspects, legal aspects / market dynamics, health economic techniques regulations,
• Deep understanding of policies and SOPs,
• Proven high-level presenting skills,
• Collaborating proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory,
• Must proactively address emerging problems by working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues,
• Strong analytical ability,
• Organizational and prioritizing ability,
• Professional presence,
• Self-confidence and self-driven, positive attitude,
• Excellent communication skills, competent partner at all levels,
• Ability to deal with ambiguity,
• Drive and desire for success, result-oriented.
• Min 2 years’ experience within a medical affairs role in: Pharmaceutical industry or medical sector.
• Preferable experience in Rheumatology/ Immunology/Dermatology/gastroenterology
• Preferable aTNF experience.
• Proven track record of strong analytical capability, prioritizing skills and problem solving ability
• Has acquired knowledge and skills/competencies to the degree expected at job level education
• Professional certification as MD or Pharmacist in Czech Republic
o Preferable PhD
o Preferable Bachelor/Master degree in Business
• Fluent in English and Czech language native speaker
• Excellent skills in basic Windows Office programs
|About Biogen||Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia. |
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Biology, Science, Research