Medical Science Liaison - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 13 May 2017
- We put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease.
- Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation.
- Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
About the Role
You will be responsible for:
- Functional Expertise. Leverage strong functional expertise (scientific, clinical, disease states, and therapeutic area) to support tactical execution of key company medical strategies. Demonstrate scientific leadership by contributing to scientific conferences medical meetings and advisory boards. Prepare and deliver medical and scientific presentations. Utilize scientific expertise to gather medical insights and to support research/data generation initiatives. Engage with guideline development and revision through scientific exchange and support
- Key Opinion Leader (KOL) Engagement. Develop and manage KOLs including KOL identification, engagement and support. Maximize site performance and support for clinical trials and non-interventional studies through engagement with investigators as appropriate.
- Business Ownership. Frequently communicate with field level counterparts from sales and market access.
- Actively participates in team calls and meetings and transform customer insights into actions to deliver superior and sustainable customer value and impact. Understand and influence a wide range of stakeholders; proactively collaborate and network with internal partners regionally and share insights and best practices across the team. Provision of scientific updates to peers.
- Ensure completion of administrative and planning duties in line with guidance by TA Area Medical Head
- Compliance. Consistently demonstrate understanding and adherence to company policies, procedures and ABPI Code of Practice through appropriate communications and interactions with internal colleagues and external customers.
- Have a scientific education at BSc level or equivalent. Education to MSc/PhD level or equivalent would be desirable.
- MSL experience within industry or experience as a healthcare professional working in the NHS would be desirable
- Be able to clearly articulate complex scientific and clinical data in 1:1 and group settings
- Demonstrate business acumen and have an in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare arena
- Be able to take the initiative, work independently and also collaboratively within a team . Adept at utilizing devices and digital media to support access and interactions
- Be effective in communicating and presenting, focusing on delivering customer value and impact, always in a patient oriented manner
- Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively, both nationally and internationally
- Have the personal values that align with company’s core values of: Passion for Performance, Care, Accountability, Entrepreneurship, Innovation, Integrity, and Embracing Differences
What We Offer
You will be:
- A field based Medical Affairs professional providing customer value. Engaging in peer-to-peer two-way scientific exchanging and augmenting the expertise of the customer.
- Opportunity for the MSL based in the south of UK to be converted to a medical manager position if from a pharmacist/physician background
- A trusted scientific partner throughout a product’s life-cycle, as well as gathering and sharing crucial insights which can inform business strategies and product development to improve patient care, access and outcomes within company strategic road-map.
- An important member of the cross-functional team, aimed at transforming customer insights into actions to deliver customer value & impact.
- Our company is a global biopharmaceutical company.
- We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
- With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, our company offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive.
- Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at our company.
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmaceutical, Product Development, Patient Care, Healthcare, Science, Research