Medical Science Liaison, Oncology - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are looking for a qualified Medical Science Liaison, Oncology to join the company Medical and Regulatory Affairs Department.
- This position is permanent full-time.
- The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based scientific expert who drives the local medical strategy and tactics for marketed and emerging products.
- The MSL establishes and fosters peer-level relationships with Canadian health care professionals (HCPs) and stakeholders by providing objective scientific information, engaging in balanced scientific discussion, and exchanging insights into disease management.
- In addition to advancing company’s presence and medical interests in strategic therapeutic areas, the MSL brings insight and scientific knowledge back to internal stakeholders and serves as the primary internal source of product-related, disease area, and competitive knowledge.
- Health Care Professionals and External Stakeholders (60%)
- The MSL establishes value-driven working relationships with members of the Canadian health care community who have regional, national, or international influence over disease management.
- Through these relationships, the MSL exchanges the most up-to-date and accurate therapeutic, scientific and medical knowledge, while advancing awareness of the disease state, therapeutic trends, and scientific research.
- Acts within the Medical & Regulatory Affairs Department strategy which, in turn, is aligned with product positioning;
- Interacts with KOLs, targeted HCPs, professional associations, and stakeholders to communicate current clinical data with relevant therapeutic portfolios;
- May initiate discussions around current scientific, medical, and clinical information related to company products and associated therapeutic area.
- The MSL may hold discussions falling outside of the product labeling provide, only in response to unsolicited requests from HCPs for off-label information;
- Seeks and develops opportunities to educate HCPs and stakeholders in strategic areas;
- Delivers objective scientifically focused and educational presentations to groups of strategic importance such as key HCPs (in-service presentations), P&T committees, HTAs and reimbursement agencies;
- Identifies opportunities for engaging key opinion leaders and work with the company scientific adviser and the internal review committee to evaluate investigator initiated trials proposals in accordance with company business strategies;Provide scientific insight and leadership for emerging products and data (20%)
- The MSL will develop expertise in emerging products and data in advance of the commercial business unit.
- The MSLs may conduct strategic pre- and post-launch activities that serve to establish the therapeutic imperative and clinical value of emerging products and data in accordance with the product medical plan. The MSL will build a strong scientific foundation for the brand strategy by
- Consulting and engaging KOLs in discussions to recognize and develop knowledge in specific disease-related areas that is strategically important for the differentiation of emerging products;
- Identifying and developing relationships with new opinion leaders and stakeholders who share strategic interests;
- Sharing early product experience gained from clinical trial investigators;Cross-functional teams (15%)
- The MSL will also work collaboratively in company cross-functional teams
- Work with Product Managers, Sales, and CHE in order to identify training needs;
- Provide scientific training to cross-functional partners;
- Contribute to Market Access initiatives (development of product-related value proposition, present clinical data to decision-makers;
- Support Market Access when needed for the development and delivery of credible scientific knowledge to payers to maximize the commercial potential of company product portfolio;
- Provide ad-hoc support for critical business activities in other departments including Regulatory Affairs;
- Work collaboratively with the Scientific Advisor to identify potential clinical investigators for Phase II/III and post-marketing programs;
- Work collaboratively with CHE Specialists on the scientific content of educational programs;Professional Development (5%)
- Invest time and energy into professional development.
- MD, PharmD, Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) to three (3) years of experience in a similar position within the Canadian pharmaceutical industry or any other scientific field.
- Scientific expertise in therapeutic field (Oncology) is an asset.
- Superior interpersonal skills, presentation and communication skils.
- Knowledge of the regulations governing the pharmaceutical industry.
- Hold a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingualism (French & English), oral and written, for positions in Quebec.
- Proficiency in Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010.Key Competencies:
- Results orientation - organization
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Customer service oriented
- Persistence and follow-through
- Normal office conditions - Yes
- Evening/weekend commitments - Yes
- Travel commitments - Yes
- % travel required
- Time on the field: 60 %
- Our company is a global pharmaceutical company specialized in psychiatric and neurological disorders.
- For more than 70 years, we have been at the forefront of research within neuroscience.
- Our key areas of focus are depression, schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- An estimated 700 million people worldwide are living with psychiatric and neurological disorders and far too many suffer due to inadequate treatment, discrimination, a reduced number of working days, early retirement and other unnecessary consequences.
- Every day, we strive for improved treatment and a better life for people living with psychiatric and neurological disorders – we call this Progress in Mind.
- Our approximately 5,300 employees in 55 countries are engaged in the entire value chain throughout research, development, production, marketing and sales.
- Our pipeline consists of several late-stage development programmes and our products are available in more than 100 countries.