Medical Science Liaison - Oncology - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide.
- Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them.
- Our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
- The MSL is a credentialed (i.e., MD, PhD, or PharmD) therapeutic and disease expert who engages in scientific exchange with leaders in the external medical and scientific community. Scientific exchange does not include promotional claims about any drug, vaccine or biologic product.
- MSLs provide to Scientific Leaders (SLs) balanced, factual, scientific information about non-product areas of interest to the company.
- MSLs also respond to scientific questions from SLs, including questions about products. MSLs have no sales objectives or accountability for prescribing or sales of any company product and are required to avoid any situations that could create the appearance that they have such responsibilities.
- An MSL may not comment on or make suggestions with respect to the diagnosis, treatment, or circumstances of a specific patient.
- Develop professional relationships and communicate with national and regional scientific leaders to ensure access to medical and scientific information on areas of therapeutic interest and products.
- Conduct peer to peer scientific discussions and maintain a reliable presence with those scientific leaders to ensure they have a medical contact within company.
- Review headquarters-directed education and training to maintain current knowledge and understanding of dynamic scientific and clinical environment in company's areas of interest.
- Direct scientific leader inquiries on issues outside of MSL scope of responsibilities (e.g., research, grants) to appropriate company resources consistent with applicable policies.
- When requested by MRL, serve as a resource for the identification of potential investigators for consideration for participating in phase II-IV clinical development programs
- In response to unsolicited requests from scientific leaders, provide areas of interest and general high-level information regarding the company Investigator Study Program process.
- Serve as a role model for other field medical team members, including on-boarding and/or therapeutic training partner.
- Attend scientific and medical meetings.
MD, PharmD, or PhD
- A minimum of 3 years of clinical (patient care) or deep research experience in Oncology beyond that obtained in the terminal degree program.
- Capable of conducting doctoral level discussions with key customers
- Strong focus on scientific education and dialogue
- Business and market knowledge, including quality management.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and networking skills
- Must possess a thorough understanding of FDA, OIG, HIPAA and other ethical guidelines, laws, and regulations relevant to the pharmaceutical industry and its customers.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Field-based medical experience
- Clinical research experience
- Demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time