Medical Science Liaison – Southeast - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- The MSL (Medical Science Liaison) is a field-based member and is primarily responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with thought leaders and other healthcare providers (HCPs). The MSL will serve as a resource and scientific expert of a designated therapeutic area across the product life cycle and serve to advance our company's medical and scientific program aligned with corporate goals and objectives.
- This role covers the Southeast territory and includes most of GA, AL, MS and TN.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Identifies, gains access to, and develops professional relationships with thought leaders, active and potential study investigators, providers at academic and non-academic institutions and professional organizations within assigned geography.
- Demonstrate an astute ability to effectively articulate relevant scientific and clinical information relative to therapeutic area and our company’s product life cycle to HCPs and researchers.
- Engage in, and respond to clinical inquiries, scientifically accurate and unbiased discussions – maintain a high standard of integrity and professionalism in full compliance with company policies.
- Utilizes scientific resources to deliver impactful presentations in a variety of different settings including but not limited to, advisory boards, patient advocacy groups, payors.
- Support research initiatives across development – provide support to clinical site investigators (as needed).
- Serve as a liaison between key corporate functional areas and HCPs who express interest in conducting investigator-initiated research, to facilitate review and consideration of research proposals.
- Provides accurate unbiased assessment of community needs to senior management.
- The MSL will maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in specific therapeutic area through continuous learning and knowledge of the therapeutic area related scientific literature.
- Attend and support scientific/professional meetings/conferences consistent with areas of therapeutic responsibility
- The MSL works collaboratively with the company personnel across functional areas, including but not limited, to Medical Affairs, Clinical Research and Commercial Organization.
- Serves as a scientific resource as appropriate to support activities such as medical congress staffing, advisory boards, and training initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced biomedical sciences degree (MD, DO, NP, PA, RPh, PharmD, PhD) required or clinically relevant experience commensurate with one of the above listed degrees; experience in designated therapeutic (gastroenterology/hepatology) area preferred.
- 5+ years of clinical, scientific/research, or industry related experience or equivalent required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have knowledge of and be willing to comply with all regulatory/compliance policies consistent with position.
- Ability to complete goals within allotted timeframes and deliver high quality results.
- Ability to travel (50-70%).
- Must maintain comprehensive proficiencies with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and associated applications.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and problem solving capabilities.
- Proven meeting planning skills.
- Ability to work effectively across a matrix organization.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize with minimal daily instruction.
- Ability to think strategically in order to improve current processes.