- Our company is focused on developing and delivering high-value branded pharmaceutical products that meet the unmet needs of patients.
- Our company is a global specialty pharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives while creating shareholder value.
- The Medical Science Liaison (Field-based, Great Lakes territory) is a field-facing representative of the R&D Department with a primary responsibility of engaging in the exchange of published scientific data and other medical and/or scientific information with external customers (Health Care Providers, researchers, professional organization leadership, and formulary decision makers).
- The incumbent is a front-line member of the Medical Affairs organization responsible for establishing and maintaining excellent educational and research collaborations. In addition, he/she will interact with internal customers from both the Commercial and R&D organizations regarding the scientific and medical information relating to company's marketed and development assets.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the primary clinical/scientific resource to HCPs in the territory for information pertaining to disease state and company's product(s) to ensure awareness and understanding.
- Serve as a conduit for accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between Thought Leaders (TLs)/investigators and the company's Medical Affairs group.
- Establish, foster, cultivate and maintain peer relationships with TLs in the therapeutic areas in which our company has current and future interests.
- Share knowledge and participate in scientific exchanges and interactions with identified TLs.
- Present clinical, scientific and economic data on our company's products and relevant therapeutic areas to formulary decision-makers, as requested.
- Identify and communicate key clinical and research issues from industry leaders to appropriate internal partners to shape company research, development, and commercial strategies.
- Develop and implement business plans to support Medical Affairs strategic direction for assigned region.
- An advanced degree in medical sciences, biology, pharmacy, chemistry, nursing or a related field is required. An MD, PharmD or PhD in medical sciences is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a scientific or clinical setting.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a clinical/medical science liaison in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries.
- Relevant therapeutic area expertise is a plus (urology, orthopedics).
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical/healthcare market, acceptable practices and related regulations is required.
- Advanced understanding of clinical/medical science is required. Health Outcomes experience is helpful.
- Capable of engaging in frequent business travel (approximately 60% of time), including ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends.
- Capable of extended periods of car travel.