This job is currently Archived,
Medical Science Liaison - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 17 April 2017
- The MSL provides field-based medical / scientific expertise ensuring understanding of the disease area and company’S AD development products as appropriate.
- They are integral to building valued constructive partnerships with key stakeholders in the medical community and the healthcare system, including HCPs participating in the pivotal clinical studies with products, key opinion leaders and local advocacy groups.
- MSLs contribute to company success through both internal and external medical education and medical / scientific information exchange and support.
- MSLs utilize their medical / scientific expertise to gather medical insights and to support research/ data generation / educational initiatives.
- Establish, foster and maintain relationships with KOLs and investigators; this may involve interactions with Physicians outside of their territory or home country.
- to build advocacy and support recruitment and retention in the pivotal studies, including best practice on referral networks
- to support site initiation/conduct, communication & coordination and assist CCL with clinical protocol expertise
- to facilitate best practice sharing across sites
- to develop scientific collaborations
- Reactive focused communication / education for AD development product(s) using non-promotional materials3. Local Congress Support
- Legitimate exchange of medical and scientific information during the development of a medicine for the purpose of gathering insights from groups such as medical experts/thought leaders/ research forums to inform medical activities and LCM . In particular, assist with development and coordination of IITs and BIIB sponsored trials at the appropriate time
- Provide expertise to HCPs and other stakeholders who wish to present data on company disease areas and related products at local meetings / symposium.
- Stay up to date with therapy advances, current research, medical scientific knowledge and detailed knowledge on company Idec products & relevant Disease Areas
- Appropriately interact and collaborate with other internal functions (e.g., Clinical Operations, commercial, market access and regulatory affairs)
- Advocacy Groups: Support Mapping and Engagement of local Advocacy Groups including collaboration with local advocacy group on local initiatives
- At least 5 years’ experience in an MSL role in industry.
- Documented meaningful medical or scientific experience in Alzheimer’s Disease or other neurodegenerative diseases
- Knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, legal and compliance environment.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and conduct of clinical trials would be an advantage
- Strong customer orientation and science based
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organization, in English and a second language.
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver‘s license
Medical and scientific experience (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D. preferred).
- Our company is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases.
- Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia.
- Our company is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies.
- Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options.
- These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
- With more than 7,000 people worldwide,our company is truly a global organization.
- We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
- Our company is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Job Segment: Biotech, Biology, Science, Research