This job is currently Archived,
Medical Science Liaison - Germany
Posted on : 07 May 2017
- The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) provides field-based medical /scientific expertise ensuring understanding of the disease area and company’s Alzheimer’s disease (AD) development products as appropriate.
- They are integral to building valued constructive partnerships with key stakeholders in the medical community and the healthcare system, including HCPs participating in the pivotal clinical studies with AD products, Thought Leaders and local advocacy groups.
- MSLs contribute to company success through both internal and external medical education and medical / scientific information exchange and support.
- MSLs utilize their medical / scientific expertise to gather medical insights and to support research/ data generation / educational initiatives.
- Establish, foster and maintain relationships with Thought Leaders and investigators; this may involve interactions with Physicians outside of their territory or home country.
- to build advocacy and support recruitment and retention in the pivotal studies, including best practice on referral networks
- to support site initiation/conduct, communication & coordination and assist CCL with clinical protocol expertise
- to facilitate best practice sharing across sites
- to develop scientific collaborations
- Reactive focused communication / education for AD development product(s) using non-promotional materials
- Local Congress Support
- Legitimate exchange of medical and scientific information during the development of a medicine for the purpose of gathering insights from groups such as medical experts/thought leaders/ research forums to inform medical activities and LCM. In particular, assist with development and coordination of IITs and company sponsored trials at the appropriate time
- Provide expertise to HCPs and other stakeholders who wish to present data on company disease areas and related products at local meetings / symposium
- Stay up to date with therapy advances, current research, medical scientific knowledge and detailed knowledge on company products & relevant Disease Areas
- Appropriately interact and collaborate with other internal functions (e.g., Clinical Operations, commercial, market access and regulatory affairs)
- Advocacy Groups: Support Mapping and Engagement of local Advocacy Groups including collaboration with local advocacy group on local initiatives
- At least a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an MSL role in industry.
- Ideally meaningful medical or scientific experience in Alzheimer’s Disease or other neurodegenerative diseases
- Knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Legal and Compliance environment
- Knowledge of clinical operations and conduct of clinical trials would be an advantage
- Strong customer orientation and science based
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organization
- Willingness to travel within Germany
- Valid driver‘s license
- Fluency in German as well as English language
Medical or scientific degree (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D. preferred).
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
Job Segment: Biotech, Biology, Science, Research