Medical Science Liaison - Area: Kassel/ Jena/ N?rnberg/ Regensburg
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) are a team of field-based, highly trained professionals with strong clinical and/or scientific backgrounds and excellent communication skills. They represent the Medical Affairs organization to the broad medical/scientific community.
This position is based in Germany covering the area of Kassel/ Jena/ Nürnberg/ Regensburg.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and track thought leader (TL) and investigators engagement plans – identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationship with TLs within assigned territory. Participate in medical & scientific exchanges with the medical/scientific community. Discuss scientific data on Incyte products with all other relevant hematologists and oncologists (office based and hospitals). Closely cooperate and align with KAM-team for all activities related to medical information for external groups.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for information on company products and pipeline. Provide clinical/scientific information, as requested, to local payers and formulary decision makers to ensure patient access and support reimbursement.
- Facilitate company sponsored and investigator sponsored trials (ISTs). Provide frequent updates on investigative site support by updating medical/clinical teams with feedback and insights from interactions and discussions with TLs and investigators. Facilitate investigator interactions with Medical Directors.
- Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups. Provide clinical/scientific input and training to internal functions within regulatory guidelines. Conduct training for the KAM team on medically relevant topics.
- Identify and nominate members of the Incyte Speakers’ Bureau and ensure they are updated on new clinical data and findings.
- Support and organize advisory board meetings, round table meetings and investigator meetings. Provide support for content development and delivering clinical presentations.
- Represent the company at medical meetings through Medical Affairs’ Scientific Booth coverage and other related activities.
- Adhere to corporate SOPs and ensure vigilant compliance with relevant legal and regulatory guidelines governing scientific interactions with physicians and healthcare professionals across all activities, including those related to clinical trials, scientific interactions with internal and external groups, and responses to unsolicited requests for medical/scientific information.
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in relevant product and disease state areas.
- Lead and/or participate on department committees as delegated by the Head of Medical Affairs.
- Share best practice experiences with fellow MSLs.
- Embrace and demonstrate the Incyte Corporate Values
- Contribute positively to a strong culture of business integrity and ethics
- Act within compliance and legal requirements as well as within company guidelines
- German mother tongue and good English knowledge
- An advanced clinical degree required (e.g. PharmD, PhD, or MD – other doctoral degrees may be considered).
- Clinical/research experience in the area of hematology and/or oncology strongly preferred.
- Previous pharmaceutical/MSL experience of 2-3 year preferred.
- Flexibility, diplomacy, and ability to manage expectations.
- Problem solving and entrepreneurial skills.
- Ability to travel frequently with overnight stays