Medical Science Liaison Anesthesia - Italy
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global healthcare leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, consumer care and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- We are now recruiting for a dynamic, passionate and driven Medical Science Liaison who will be critical to the ongoing success of the Anesthesia area.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Primary scientific customer facing expert in the specific therapy area and a resource of reference for the specific therapy area team in the designated territories.
- Provides assistance on special projects within specific therapy area including Medical Education events, advisory boards, Investigator development, scientific reviews, Investigators meetings, etc.
- Provides scientific support to healthcare professionals.
- Work closely in a cross-functional approach with the specific therapy area unit to identify, develop & manage emerging untapped opportunities for the product.
- Effectively interface with the Therapeutic Area team to ensure optimal implementation of regional initiatives, Medical Education events, Ad boards, Medical initiatives.
- Effectively interface with market access and ensure strategic partnerships to provide regional implementation support that enables prevention or resolution of market access and reimbursement issues.
- Build and maintain advanced disease, product & therapy knowledge.
- Identify and implement medical initiatives for development of new & existing products.
- Interact with Scientific Leaders (SLs) on ongoing basis.
- Work with Clinical Operations on Investigators’ identification and development
- Assist in development of Scientific materials:
- Prepare and give scientific presentations
- Develop abstracts and posters
- Support SLs presentations
- Resource for drug safety and information activities
- Responsible to collaborate cross-functionally effectively with the Therapeutic area team (e.g. support on training activities, promotional material preparation and review, etc.);
- Keep medical management fully informed about local issues, opportunities and action plans.
- Ensure maintaining a high level of knowledge on the product, therapy area and competitive information
- Provide balanced and valuable scientific information to our internal and external partners
- 100% compliance with all SOPs and local laws
- Strong background in healthcare and science, specifically one of the following:
- Degree in Medicine (preferably with postgraduate training in a clinical specialty) OR
- Degree in Pharmacy (preferably with postgraduate training; e.g. MSc in pharmaceutical medicine, Ph.D., etc.).OR
- Other Life Sciences degrees with a Ph.D (mandatory).
- Candidates are preferred to possess specialization and/or experience in the relevant therapeutic area
- 1-3 year previous experience in Medical Affairs and/or Clinical Research
- Strong scientific baseline knowledge in the therapeutic area, clinical research methodology, implementation and interpretation, sound scientific and clinical judgment, and eagerness to learn more in depth in the therapeutic area.
- Knowledge of the Italian Health Legislation. Knowledge of the Italian National and Local Health System
- Strong, confident and engaging presentation skills.
- Outstanding communication and skills and the ability to function within a team environment.
- Handling of multiple tasks at the same time and working under pressure.
- Proactive “can do” attitude and passion for the science related to the products and associated therapeutic area.
- Strong customer facing skills, listening skills, probing skills, and flexibility.
- Corporate culture competencies of Leader Behaviors, including Business Integrity.
- Must be able to travel frequently – 75%-85%
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical, Medical Research, Healthcare, Science, Research