Medical Review and Information Specialist - United Kingdom
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- This role provides detailed medical review of materials and activities (promotional and non-promotional) to ensure scientific rigour and compliance with the ABPI Code of Practice, statutory and Company requirements across a range of therapeutic areas.
- Responsibilities also include the preparation of scientific documentation for internal and external customers, the management of third line medical information inquiries and scientific input into formulary packs and other documentation.
Duties, Responsibilities, Activities
- Provides clinical and scientific input into the development of medical and promotional materials for assigned therapeutic areas
- Completes the medical review (certification / examination) of promotional and non-promotional materials ensuring compliance with ABPI Code of Practice, statutory and Company requirements
- Generates and maintains Core Claims Documents for assigned therapeutic areas
- Provides internal resource for product knowledge and responds to internal scientific enquiries
- Responds to third line medical information enquiries for HCPs and patients
- Reviews and approves standard medical information documents for use in response to medical information enquiries
- Participates in Global Medical Affairs initiatives as required
- Ability to interpret and apply the ABPI Code of Practice and to use own judgement to approve materials and activities.
- Ability to work autonomously within the agreed processes.
- Proactive, with the ability resolve complex problems and ambiguous situations and apply own judgement in developing a solution.
- Ability to accurately interpret / critically appraise literature
- Ability to resolve situations with diplomacy where opinions differ
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior staff and cross functionally with Marketing, Legal, Compliance and External Affairs, Market Access.
- Proactively engage with brand team, providing constructive and creative solutions and be a valued partner.
Requires liaison with HCPs and patients in provision of medical information. Internal stakeholders include Marketing, Legal, Compliance, External Affairs, and Market Access.
- Ability to translate analytical /critical appraisal skills and competence across therapeutic areas to add value
- Ability to proactively engage with internal stakeholders
- UK Registered Pharmacist or Registered Medical Practitioner
- Experience of writing scientific or technical documents
Minimum Experience Required:
- Demonstrable experience in a clinical setting preferred eg pharmacy, hospital
- Experience within pharmaceutical industry
- Writing scientific reviews in a pharmaceutical company setting
- ABPI Final signatory
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Medical, Pharmacy, Claims, Compliance, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Insurance, Legal, Science