This job is currently Archived,
Medical Representative - United Kingdom
Posted on : 02 May 2017
- We have a new opportunity available for the position of Medical Representative within the Sales team.
- This position is remotely based at home, and will report into the Regional Sales Manager.
Main Function/Responsibilities of the Job
- To identify and call on healthcare professionals within the hospital GP and Care Home sectors of the NHS.
- Convince key decision makers of the benefits of RX products in order to influence prescribing and purchasing behavior and thereby achieve sales targets.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by your Area Business Manager or Sales & Marketing Director from time to time.
- Call on healthcare professionals within the secondary care and GP sectors of the NHS.
- Promote best practice in medication management for patients with swallowing difficulties and promote Rx products and services.
- Promote USPs of products where relevant to support switching from alternatives that are on NHS contract.
- Use appropriate forms of communication to deliver these messages in line with the ABPI and company procedures in order to achieve budgeted sales targets. Accurately record all customer interactions and plan future activity into the CRM system.
- Provide regular feedback on territory activity to Regional Sales Manager.
- This will include completing and regularly updating a territory business plan as well as communicating successes and territory intelligence including competitor information on a regular basis.
- Keep in regular contact with the Pharmacy and Telesales representatives who work on the same territory.
- Ensure that all areas of overlap between the teams are dealt with appropriately and all opportunities for joint working are explored and followed up.
- Attend sales meetings , conferences or training programmes as required.
- Additionally attend national exhibitions where appropriate and as directed.
- Monitor sales data to identify trends and put in place appropriate actions as agreed with the Regional Sales Manager.
- Keep abreast of changes occurring in the ABPI Code of Practice and ensure personal compliance
- ABPI qualification is a distinct advantage, and in any event will be essential in order to continue in role beyond approx. 18 months
- Minimum 2 years pharmaceutical sales experience, ideally including dealing with hospitals
- Commercially Astute
- Previous experience in sales negotiations
- Computer literacy - familiar with Microsoft office especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint