Medical Manager - Switzerland
|External Posting Title||Medical Manager|
|Job Description||The Medical Manager accountabilities are focused on the responsible medical product's strategy and tactics within the Swiss affiliate. The post-holder supports on the same basis the commercial teams, while respecting all rules and local regulations applicable. The Medical Manager is the product medical expert and interacts with Key Opinion Leaders. He/she provides answers to complex medical information requests. The position covers products in our market leading and expanding Multiple Sclerosis franchise. |
Responsibilities (Included but not restricted to):
• Be the scientific and medical expert about the disease and the product, including franchise strategies and tactics
• Initiate and monitor medical projects, including supporting national clinical trials, protocol writing, publication, phase IV studies, IITs/SRA
• Organize and conduct medical education events for different stakeholders including nurses
• Train MSL team and commercial colleagues on diseases and treatments
• Develop and maintain scientific relationships with Key Opinion Leaders demonstrating detailed understanding of the therapeutic area and Biogen products, facilitating scientific exchange with Key Opinion Leaders
• Provide medical input into Regulatory Affairs, Market Access and Marketing strategies
• Attend national and international congresses
|Job Category||Global Medical/Medical Affairs|
• Min 2+ years of relevant work experience in the pharmaceutical industry (e.g. Medical Affairs, Clinical Research)
• English and German speaking fluency is essential.
• Some basic knowledge of French is required
|Education||Scientific or Medical Degree (MA, BA) or Advance terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD)|
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Biology, Manager, Marketing Manager, Science, Management, Marketing