Medical Manager, Spain - Spain
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Medical Manager accountabilities are focused on the responsible medical product's strategy and tactics within the Spain affiliate.
Product Life Cycle Management
- Responsible for executing responsibilities related to managing product life cycle activities
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders to help develop, secure approval for and implement independent post approval studies that generate real-world data in support of BIIB products
- Actively engage regional TLs, investigators and potential investigators in two-way scientific communication
- Ensure timely review, approval and support as appropriate for IITs
- Advise on life cycle management studies driven by Global Medical
- Publishes on study activities as appropriate.
- Prepare, manage and provide medical information that is timely, accurate and balanced, including, but not limited to, medical letters, slide kits, publications, FAQs, and formulary dossiers
- Work with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams to facilitate the creation of medical information about products to answer unsolicited medical requests from internal and external stakeholders
- Share medical expertise by providing medical information training support to internal stakeholders (including, but not limited to, regional medical groups, MSLs, Sales representatives, and other field-based representatives).
Medical Communication and Exchange
- Establish and maintain contact with TLs
- Develop and maintain scientific relationships with TLs and investigators to create awareness? and understanding of the therapeutic area and our company Idec’s products, and facilitate scientific exchange with TLs
- Develop and leverage medical/scientific insights through attendance at scientific meetings to further develop own knowledge base in line with company and medical strategy
- Conduct/attend/present at Advisory Boards initiated by the affiliate organization if there is a clear need for specific medical input.
Provide medical training to affiliate staff in line with clearly identified strategic needs.
Management and/or support of other functions
- Provide medical input into sales, marketing and market access strategies including the IPPP
- Ensures medical accuracy of promotional materials
- Actively share new information and unmet medical needs gathered in HCP interactions with internal stakeholders where appropriate.
Support regulatory strategies
Provides medical support on regulatory strategies for registration/ reimbursement of new products or line extensions
- Min 2+ years’ experience in related therapeutic area with experience in Medical Affairs (pharmaceutical industry or CRO) OR the pharmaceutical industry OR clinical studies
- Post-full-registration experience in hospital practice
- Participation in health economics discussions and HTA submissions
- Experience in writing of scientific medical papers
- Demonstrated knowledge of local regulations and pharmaceutical code(s) of practice
Scientific or Medical degree (BA or MA)
Advanced terminal degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, DNP)"
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Marketing Manager, Biology, CSR, Science, Marketing, Management