Medical Manager, Medical Communications - United States
- The Medical Manager is part of a team responsible for supporting strategic and operational activities of the Medical Affairs Department and responsible for driving medical content. He/She is responsible for medical training, and associated tools to support internal training of our company’s products and disease states. He/She will also be responsible for the on boarding and continuous training needs of medical affairs colleagues, providing a strong understanding of our company's Medical Communication Plan and Strategy thru the execution of effective communication and a solid training program.
- In addition, he/she will also be part of the team that will develop and execute on successful training's and communication throughout the department.
- The candidate will report to the Executive Director, Global Medical Affairs who, in turn, reports to the Vice President, Global Medical Affairs.
- To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- Assist in managing internal project teams and external agencies to produce high quality scientific materials, including medical and strategic review of all deliverables produced by vendor agencies
- Development of medical education materials for Medical Science Liaisons’ and Medical Directors’ external use with customers
- Assist in providing strategic support to manage, understand, and communicate data gaps, assist in data generation and communication strategies
- Collaborate with other Medical Affairs colleagues to help to guide and assist in the execution of therapeutic area strategy and tactics with appropriate use of resources
- Assist in development and execution of scientific and medical training programs for the Global Medical Affairs Team
- Assist sales training team by providing strategic, medical, and scientific support to training materials, and often times, delivering the sales training presentations
- Support interactions with thought leaders and our advocacy partner (professional and patient organizations) including scientific collaborations, speaker training, advisory boards, and regional/national/international conferences
- Collaborate with commercial partners on developing a Medical Communications plan that is supportive of strategic medical objectives
- Assist in collaboration with global strategy team, publication team and medical directors in development to deliver communication on key literature analyses to internal stakeholders; provide strategic support of publication planning and participate on publication team to provide medical and scientific oversight to publication and scientific presentations
- Serve as scientific knowledge support through expertise in company products and related therapeutic area(s) to internal stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on new data and developments in the field, and key publications of interest
- Represents our company at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions and in interactions with thought leaders
M.D., PhD, PharmD, PA, NP or RN with experience in designated therapeutic (gastroenterology/hepatology) area preferred 1-3 years of experience in Medical Affairs preferred