At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
Medical Manager - Bone, British and Irish Isles
Help us transform patients’ lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul and skills into making a difference for people living with chronic disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Bone Team for BII, we are looking to fill the position of Medical Manager at our affiliate office in Slough
About the Role
You will be:
- Providing medical input to develop the local medical plan and strategies, driving the medical part of the brand plan and executing the medical plan activities
- Acting as medical signatory for the review of materials and activities in the UK & Ireland to ensure compliance with the necessary Codes of Practice and regulations
- Gathering actionable insights in all customer related activities, i.e. field visits, preceptorships, advisory boards with KOLs, congresses, summits, Patient Value Tables
- Supporting and developing patient-focused tools aimed at bringing value to better management of a disease for patients
- Starting and facilitating contacts with patients´ associations
- Working collaboratively with the Brand Manager and Market Access Manager ensuring alignment of functional strategies by leveraging medical insights and scientific knowledge
- Contributing as a product expert to relevant national regulatory and technology appraisal submissions
- Providing and contributing to scientific training, both internally and externally, to relevant internal staff and external stakeholders
- Contributing and driving national medical education activities either as standalone activities or within a scientific congress
- Providing expert input into the EU Phase IV, IIS and real-world generation plan for the therapeutic area
- Be a registered UK Medical Doctor or Pharmacist
- Substantial experience in Medical Affairs
- Have the ability to interact with external opinion leaders and have a high-level two-way scientific exchange
- Be prepared to travel both nationally and internationally from time to time
- Highly self-motivated; able to work autonomously; good problem solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, organisational and project-management skills
What We Offer
You will be:
- The internal medical expert who implements the EU Brand/Medical Strategy at an affiliate level. The BII area consists of the UK and Ireland
- Part of an interdisciplinary team consisting of marketing, medical, market access and other stakeholders at an affiliate level
- A key contributor to the local brand strategy development based on insights
To apply please go to www.ucb.com/careers.
Discover more about the remarkable UCB Talent Blends and how you can contribute to the mix at www.ucb.com/careers
UCB is a global biopharmaceutical company. We focus on discovering and developing innovative medicines and lateral solutions that can transform the everyday lives of people with severe diseases of the immune system – or the central nervous system.
With more than 7500 people in approximately 40 countries, UCB offers an exciting working environment where initiative can flourish and those with a ‘can-do’ attitude can thrive. Scientific excellence, innovation, co-creation, lateral thinking, reinventing the way we do things…these are some of the key competencies we are constantly developing, and looking for, at UCB.
Job Segment: Medical, Law, Marketing Manager, Manager, Brand Manager, Healthcare, Legal, Marketing, Management