- The Medical Liaison Manager (MLM) develops strategic partnerships with key external stakeholders during the entire life cycle of company products.
- This includes providing focused, relevant information and drive medical projects in relation to customer-stated needs in order to maintain a therapeutic leadership position in multiple sclerosis and drive business needs aligned with local and global strategies. MLM is also an internal expert involved in strategic planning and sharing medical insights to cross-functional team at the affiliate as well as at the regional (e.g. Nordic and/or EU+) level.
- MLM is responsible for the medical-scientific contribution to the regional MLM medical strategy. This is an important role regarding all medical scientific topics in the respective cluster/country like; developing medical scientific presentations, one to one discussions with MS experts, understanding the current status and identify opportunities for evolving clinical care in MS, developing executing medical education activities in collaboration with MS medical scientific community, understanding the MS registry, and developing medical scientific projects and quality indicators.
- The MLM should therefore have expertise in and knowledge of therapeutic area, patient-treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the MS area and continuously update this expertise and knowledge. The MLM should be able to translate highly complex medical scientific content to tactics and have medical operation expertise /skills or experience in managing complex medical projects. This position is 60% field based.
- Of key importance is that the MLM ensures that company has a high reputation among our customers in terms of scientific knowledge and skills.
- Accomplishment of these goals must comply with the terms and conditions outlined in company Idec’s Code of Business Conduct.
- Build a peer -to peer relationships with healthcare professionals and institutions to establish and maintain a therapeutic leadership position. Rapidly disseminates recent scientific knowledge/data on company products in approved indications.
- Communicates recent scientific knowledge/data on company products and therapy areas.
- Ensures that customer insights are transmitted to in-country teams and also, where appropriate, into the above-country medical brand teams.
- Creates communication platforms with KOLs/institutions in line with therapeutic area defined strategies.
- Provide quality scientific presentations at internal and external meetings.
- Ensure appropriate KOL/institutional involvement in company-sponsored activities, medical projects and research initiatives.
- Be internal scientific/medical expert adviser to other staff members, conduct medical/scientific education and liaise with global/EU+ medical team.
- Facilitate and contribute to the organization of local advisory boards and play a lead role in those that address medical topics as a primary objective.
- At least 3 years’ experience in pharmaceutical industry or research
- Strong customer orientation, science based
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific
- Ideally, medical/scientific experience in neurology
- Good communicative and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety, Legal and compliance environment.
- Independent team worker.
- Good customer-relations and networking capacities.
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Pro-active self-starter.
- Willingness to travel as it is a 60% field-based role.
- High energy level and able to deal with stress.
- Must be fluent in both Finnish and English.
Medical or scientific qualification (M.D., Ph.D. or Pharm.D. preferred).
- Through cutting-edge science and medicine, our company discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Our company is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
- Our company also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics.
- Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
- Our company was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 70 countries.
- We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry.
- To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
- For nearly two decades our company has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world.
- Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease.
- We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS.
- As we uncover new insights into human biology, our company is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
- Our company is revolutionizing biologic manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes.
- This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and bio similar that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
- The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical, Strategic Planning, Biology, Manager, Science, Strategy, Management