Medical Information/Drug Safety Associate - United Kingdom
|External Posting Title||Medical Information/Drug Safety Associate|
|Job Description||The Medical Information/Drug Safety Associate at Biogen UK and Ireland is responsible for:|
• Responding to second line Medical Information enquiries on Biogen UK and Ireland Products
• Assisting with Drug Safety activities (Follow up activities and reporting adverse events to PV service provider)
• Supporting management of Product Complaints and Service Complaints
a) Medical Information
• Providing the most up to date information available in response to an enquiry (second line enquiry handling)
• Assisting with maintenance of the Standard responses and Knowledge Base
• Managing the MI daily enquiry tracker for second line enquiries
• Responsible for assisting with adverse event handling relating to BI UKI
• Following up on PML-related adverse events and other serious events
• Archiving source data relating to follow up Drug Safety activities
d) Product Complaints
• Assisting with the collection and reporting of all Technical Product Complaints to Quality Assurance
• Assisting with any follow up correspondence
• Processing service complaints relating to external support functions
|Job Category||Global Medical/Medical Affairs, Drug Safety|
• Minimum of 1 years industry experience in MI or PV
• Ability to understand technical, scientific, and medical information.
• Ability to search, interrogate and interpret results of database searches
• Ability to work independently on routine and new assignments
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Primary life sciences degree/qualification
|About Biogen||Biogen (NASDAQ: BIIB) is a biotechnology leader that discovers, develops and delivers innovative therapies for the treatment of neurodegenerative and rare diseases. Patients worldwide benefit every day from our medicines for multiple sclerosis (MS) and hemophilia. |
Founded in 1978, Biogen is one of the world’s oldest independent biotechnology companies. Our development pipeline is focused on areas of high unmet medical need, as we pursue new therapies for patients suffering from diseases with few or no treatment options. These include programs for Alzheimer’s Disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, spinal muscular atrophy and neuropathic pain amongst others.
With more than 7,000 people worldwide, Biogen is truly a global organization. We are headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is home to our research operations. Our international operations are based in Zug, Switzerland and we have world-class manufacturing facilities in North Carolina and Denmark. We offer therapies globally through direct affiliate presence in 30 countries and a network of distribution partners in over 50 additional countries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Database, QA, Quality Assurance, Science, Research, Technology, Quality