Medical Information Contact Center - Call Center/Customer Service Charlottesville United States,
Perrigo Company plc, a top five global over-the-counter ("OTC") consumer goods and pharmaceutical company, offers patients and customers high quality products at affordable prices. From its beginnings in 1887 as a packager of generic home remedies, Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, has grown to become the world's largest manufacturer of OTC products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company is also a leading provider of generic extended topical prescription products and receives royalties from Multiple Sclerosis drug Tysabri®. Perrigo provides Quality Affordable Healthcare Products® across a wide variety of product categories and geographies primarily in North America, Europe, and Australia, as well as other markets, including Israel, China and Latin America.
Our growing business is seeking energetic, passionate customer service-focused individuals for Medical Information Contact Center - Call Center/Customer Service (Product Support Specialist) roles at our Charlottesville, VA Call Center. We are searching for candidates willing to work traditional, Monday-Friday, 8:00am–5:00pm shift.
This position is responsible for performing the functions associated with responding to and handling of complaints and inquiries for assigned product lines owned, manufactured or distributed by Perrigo or its subsidiaries. The ideal candidate will possess creative problem solving, critical thinking and empathy skills. Professional interaction, active and passive listening skills and the ability to utilize computer-based resources in a highly effective manner to educate and provide accurate responses to customer inquiries is crucial for success in the role, along with the innate ability to be compassionate and empathetic when appropriate when handling complex customer inquiries. Must be able to manage and process all reports in accordance with established company procedures, regulations and standards. Previous experience in a fast paced high volume call center or comparable customer service field, with excellent computer and keying skills are required.
New hires will receive 90 days of training. After 90 days of training, successful demonstration of a strong ability to function independently and based on performance results, employee may be eligible to work remotely one to two days per week.
- High School diploma required.
- 5 years of professional work experience.
- 4 years of previous customer service/call center experience via phone with preferred area of expertise in Healthcare field.
- 1 year of experience in customer interviewing techniques related to product complaints.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Trackwise, SAP or similar software programs.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, preferred.
- Knowledge of FDA and industry specific Regulatory requirements to ensure accurate and detailed consumer complaint handling.
- Strong ability to work in a fast pace stressful environment, handling a high volume of calls and assignments on a daily basis.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promptly answer calls, analyze problem and provide information and/or solution.
- Ability to focus on service excellence to all customers in a clear, effective, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to multi task to documents while speaking with the consumer.
- Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness and ability to look at ways to improve and promote quality.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Find a Job Find Candidates