Medical Director Solid Tumors, Region Europe - Switzerland
- This is a leadership position in Medical Affairs Europe.
- This person will actively participate in/lead a broad range of medical affairs activities, including preparation of support to investigator sponsored trial (IST) programs, European medical plan and medical review of Medical Affairs and promotional materials.
- Provide European level support to the Head of European Medical Affairs.
- Drive strategy and ensure/facilitate coordination among the European countries for the planning and execution of the European medical plan.
- Medical Affairs Lead for European countries outside the EU5 .
- Act as a bridge or reference point between Global Medical Affairs/Clinical Development/Development Operations and the European countries.
- Accountable for European Medical affairs activities related to the area of competence (e.g. European advisory boards, Preceptorships, speaker’s tours etc.)
- European level medical and promotional materials review for scientific/medical accuracy.
- Responsible for IST initial screening and internal management review.
- Facilitates approval of proposed European IST concepts through the internal review process.
- Work with the European MSL’s & affiliate Medical Directors to plan and implement strategic interactions with European KOLs.
- Develop the scientific programs for all European symposia in collaboration with the European Medical Communication Manager.
- Coordinate European Medical Affairs Congress support.
- Ensuring compliance with rules and regulations applicable to medical affairs activities in Europe.
- Contribute positively to a strong culture of business integrity and ethics
- Act within compliance and legal requirements as well as within company guidelines
- MD or MD/PhD with 5+ years in academic, clinical, industry setting required.
- Hematology/oncology experience required.
- Familiarity with GCP/ICH/FDA requirements as well as clinical trial design, biostatistics, medical writing, product safety, healthcare compliance and regulatory affairs.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Ability to influence and work effectively across functions and operate in a matrix environment.
- Ability to travel 30-35% of working time.