This job is currently Archived,
Medical Director, Pharmacovigilance (Temporary) - United States
Posted on : 10 July 2017
- Our company is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children.
- These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options.
- Our company will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
- Perform medical review of pre- and post-marketing individual case safety reports (ICSRs) and/or aggregate safety data involving B products to ensure accuracy of ICSR MedDRA coding, assessments of seriousness, expectedness, causality, and regulatory reporting.
- Assist in follow-up of important ICSRs to ensure relevant information is sought.
- Collaborate with Clinical Science, Medical Affairs, PV colleagues and applicable functional specialists to identify, evaluate and manage safety signals.
- Participate in the development development of safety surveillance and risk management plans for drug development programs.
- Contribute to the preparation of expedited and aggregate safety reports (e.g., 15-day Alert Report, SUSAR, PSUR, US PADER, Annual Safety Report, DSUR, IND Annual Report).
- Serve as Safety Management Team Leader and liaise with clinical study/project teams, Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs, Biostatistics, Regulatory Affairs, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), Data Monitoring Committees and other entities as needed.
- Provide safety advice and inform Pharmacovigilance senior management as appropriate.
- Participate in the preparation and revision of company product labeling and RMP as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Medical Directors in both Clinical Development and Medical Affairs to provide expertise in both US and ex-US post-marketing safety surveillance requirements (e.g., registries).
- Review and advise on safety/medical information in advertising and promotional materials as needed.
- Help prepare and review safety section(s) of investigator brochures, protocols, informed consent forms, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports, NDA/BLA/CTD submissions and other
- Interface with business partners as needed in accordance with applicable safety Data Exchange Agreements.
- Minimum 5 years experience in PV with specific drug safety science experience.
- Excellent medical knowledge with the ability to interpret, synthesize and communicate complex medical/pharmaceutical information and safety data to both healthcare professionals (HCPs) and non-HCPs.
- Experience reviewing cumulative safety data.
- Strong working knowledge of US and ex-US PV requirements (e.g., US Code of Federal regulations; European Union GVP legislation; and ICH Guidelines).
- Experience with pre- and post-marketing ICSR processing and aggregate safety reporting.
- Knowledge of MedDRA terminology and its application.
- Experience in the preparation of PSURs, Pharmacovigilance Plans, Risk Management Plans, and Reference Safety Information.
- Experience in safety issue/signal management.
- Thorough understanding of the drug development process and context applicable to safety surveillance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations.
- Sound organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, team management and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and safety databases.
- Medical degree (e.g., MD, DO) with the appropriate clinical and pharmacovigilance experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.