Medical Director, Clinical Research Physician - Switzerland
- We are a global biopharmaceutical company leading the way in medical innovation to help patients live longer, better lives.
- Our purpose as a company is to discover and develop therapies that will change the course of human health.
- We value our passion for patients, quest for innovation, spirit of independence and love of challenge. With a presence in more than 70 countries - and growing
- We look for talented people to grow our business, advance our science and contribute to our unique culture.
- Hematologist with substantial medical training.
- Direct industry experience is preferred; substantial experience working on industry-sponsored trials will be considered.
The Clinical Research Physician will be instrumental in supporting the growth of the organization as it continues to build the value of its current products and develop new products. The incumbent will have hands-on responsibility in designing and executing clinical trials, as well as running programs focused on assigned therapeutic area(s) Phases 1 through 3, including biomarkers, proof-of-concept and full development.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides Therapeutic Area expertise to study teams and key stakeholders.
- Participates in Development Strategy to make recommendations, take action and provide clinical research expertise.
- Ensures optimal study conduct; leads the clinical study, in liaison with the Clinical Trial Manager, from study set-up through study conduct until study closure and study report.
- Medical monitoring of clinical studies.
- Ability to review patient eligibility criteria, make medical decisions and regularly review/ monitor any possible safety issues.
- Provides medical, clinical and scientific guidance to the study team, affiliate medical personnel and investigative sites.
- Nurtures professional relationships with Investigators, Academic partners and KOLs.
- Maintains scientific expertise in Therapeutic Area concordant with current knowledge and practice.
- Provides high quality, current and timely medical/scientific input into sections of key documents relevant (IB, annual safety reports, etc) to the area of responsibility.
- Contributes to the planning and review of abstracts, manuscripts and presentations for external meetings.
- Presents at Internal and External Meetings, representing the team with internal
- Consolidated experience in the therapeutic area, including patient clinical experience.
- Experience in the design and execution of hematology protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Ability to advise, persuade and negotiate with colleagues in a supportive and encouraging fashion.
- Competencies related to the Clinical Development Process (Planning , coordinating and organizing, decision making, delivery of results, personal accountability, technical and professional knowledge, facilitating change)
- Ability to understand and present data at internal and external meetings, including Investigators’ meetings and Data Review Meetings.
- Knowledge of the clinical development process and strong relationships with team members, colleagues and internal and external stakeholders to achieve results.