Medical Device Onsite Support - Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist - Houston, TX Houston United States,
KARL Storz (company)
KARL STORZ SE & Co. KG (KST), based in Tuttlingen, Germany, is a family-owned, global company committed to benefiting humanity by advancing medical technology through innovation and education.
For more than 70 years, KST has been dedicated to earning its international reputation as a leader that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship, and clinical effectiveness.
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc. (KSEA), an affiliate of KST, is headquartered in El Segundo, California, and is responsible for all U.S. distribution and sales of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices, and OR1® operating room integration technologies.
What does all that mean to you?
It means you would be joining an organization where you can be proud to play a part in making a difference in people’s lives every day.
Being a part of KARL STORZ offers many additional rewards.
This includes a commitment to offering competitive compensation, as well as a 401(k) with a 60% match up to the first 6% of your base salary.
We support our employees’ health goals by providing outstanding health benefits that include, but are not limited to, medical (PPO, HRA, HSA, and flex spending), dental and vision, as well as amazing wellness programs where you can earn cash or gift cards.
We encourage work/life balance so our employees can recharge and take care of themselves. We offer new employees 3 weeks of paid vacation in the first year, 10 paid holidays and paid sick leave that can also be used to take care of immediate family members.*
We strive to continuously learn and give back to our community. We offer our employees the same opportunity through tuition reimbursement, multiple company-sponsored charitable events and corporate matching for charitable giving.
If KARL STORZ sounds like a company you would like to be a part of, we invite you to learn about our opportunity below!
The KARL STORZ Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist (SOES) is a trained Specialist with M.I.S equipment and devices and an integral member of the KARL STORZ Service team. The SOES is responsible for the management and troubleshooting these devices (including hand instruments, video equipment and the integrated Operating Room (OR1) within their assigned hospital.
The SOES will be responsible for:
- Face-to-face customer support, including OR, SPD and Biomed,
- Preventative maintenance and management of endoscopy products so that they are always in good working order and ready for use including documentation of their functionality
- Monitoring, reporting and facilitating repair / exchange transactions
- Keeping repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account.
- Training and education for the OR, SPD and supporting departments,
- Designing process improvements to improve efficiencies and reduce repair costs
- Identifying opportunities to reduce instrument damage and related repair costs
- Gathering detailed usage and repair data
- Identifying and implementing reusable strategies
- Communicating effectively with diverse clientele including good written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
- Performing complex and time-critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in high-pressure situations.
- The SOES will be part of an operations team tasked with providing the customer with cost reduction initiatives and value well beyond the tasks listed above.
- This role will include all aspects of the implementation of reusable M.I.S. products from training to procedural support.
- The candidate will also be responsible for capturing procedural and device usage data. While analysis of the data will not be necessary, they must have a strong comprehension of the data that is collected.
- In some accounts the SOES will also be responsible for the transporting, cleaning and packaging of instruments after use.
- At its core, the SOES program’s goal is to manage M.I.S. devices and facilitate and expedite successful M.I.S procedures, thus allowing the surgeon and staff to focus on the patient and not on equipment and related issues.
- Level of accountability: Generally independent but supervised;
- Level of decision making: Specialized tasks
- Supervision: Does not supervise others directly
- Financial/Budgetary: Little or no financial impact on revenues or cost
- Has contact with: KSEA internal staff, other team members, and hospital contacts
- Physical Requirements: Considerable mental and physical effort
- Travel: up to 5% travel during the year
- A minimum education level of a high-school diploma with related experience; higher degree preferred
- Preferred 2-4 years experience in surgical technology or central sterile experience or previous work history in medical sales or services management
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.
Find a Job Find Candidates