Medical and Scientific Liaison (MSL) - United Kingdom
- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Due to continued focus on our Medical Affairs function in the UK, we are keen to invite applications for Medical and Science Liaison roles across a range Therapeutic Areas.
The MSL role is a field-based position, providing medical/scientific information to Clinical and Scientific Leaders (CSLs) based on cutting-edge scientific exchanges, oriented towards the CSLs’ professional interests and needs. Working alongside CSLs to support in generation of data.
- Responsible for the non-promotional exchange of medical and scientific information with customers and internal stakeholders. Fully versed in the assigned therapeutic area, up-to-date on all major studies, competitive information and clinical data in order to support company therapeutic areas of interest.
- Responsible for creating disease area awareness and the understanding of relevant scientific evidence in therapeutic areas of interest to company.
- Must have a thorough understating of clinical data relating to new and existing company products as well as other products and therapies in those areas.
- Provides relevant scientific background information to CSLs.
- Develops an understanding of regional and national thought-leaders and the healthcare environments in which they work through the development and maintenance of highly effective relationships with healthcare professionals (CSLs) that are centred on science or the practice of medicine and the credible exchange of unbiased scientific information.
- Interacts as necessary and appropriate with healthcare organisations, health professionals, clinical investigators, and other health related individuals and organisations in order to provide complete, accurate, balanced, scientifically rigorous and non-promotional medical and clinical information.
- Participates in the development of the Medical Affairs Plans (MAPs) and implements tactics identified in the MAP that align with the Company’s therapeutic areas of interest.
- Represents the Medical Department at local or regional non-promotional medical events (e.g. Medical Congresses and Symposia).
- Identifies/specifies general areas of Company interest where Investigator Initiated Study Programs (IISP) may be supported, being mindful that the IISP proposal must come from the investigator
- Facilitates research publication of articles supporting therapeutic areas of interest to the company, in a manner ensuring the independence and objectivity of the publications are maintained.
- Acts as an authoritative resource to all departments at company for the identification of CSLs who can collaborate on specific projects or activities.
- Supports our company commercial colleagues to provide balanced and scientific information and training, on therapeutic areas related to assigned disease entities.
- Collaborates with our research laboratories/GCTO personnel to identify potential investigators.
- Completes all planning, organisational, and administrative activities necessary to ensure effective and efficient management of geographic territory.
- MD (or equivalent, e.g. MB.Ch.B., Bachelor of Medicine), Pharm D, Pharmacist or PhD in a life science.
- Experience as an MSL in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- A strong understanding of clinical trials methods, implementation and interpretation of clinical data, sound scientific and clinical judgment, and an eagerness to continue to learn more in assigned therapeutic area
- Strong, confident and engaging presentation skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills with the ability to function within a team environment
- Experience and/or clinical practice experience in a Therapetic Area relevant to our company, which could include:
- Anti Microbials/HIV/Hepatitis C
- Women’s Health
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job Segment: Scientific, Medical, Gastroenterology, Immunology, Oncology, Engineering, Healthcare