This job is currently Archived,
Medical Affairs Manager USA - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 12 May 2017
Purpose of the position:
- The position is responsible for implementing Medical Affairs activities and executing scientific and workflow studies to support the evidence base for the Idylla assays.
- In addition, the Medical Affairs Manager will provide field support to Product Specialists/KAMs and the distributor in the US.
- He/She will also engage in a number of customer-facing field-based activities in order to implement medical/clinical/scientific strategies.
- These include drive educational initiatives, health economic outcome research and reimbursement support to order to align public policy in support development, launch, marketing, and sales of the Idylla platform and associated assays.
- The Medical Affairs Manager will be responsible for execution and data management of US studies, provide marketing analytics activities and act as a strategic advisor for regional/ country marketing teams.
- Develop validation protocols and educate customers on how to validate the Idylla assays as part of the implementation process.
- Become the subject matter expert in understanding the reimbursement pathways for the US for all of company products; develop reimbursement strategies by working with reimbursement experts as needed.
- Design and execute health economic studies and clinical dossiers to develop convincing value proposition cases for Payers.
- Interact directly with clinicians to understand scientific and clinical evidence required for parties involved in the buying cycle.
- Work with R&D, Marketing and Product Specialist teams to design and execute scientific studies and ensure the product requirements of new assays are aligned with new clinical decision points as described in clinical practice guidelines and by key thought leaders (KTLs).
- Work with Marketing to execute business plans for CDx projects and educate marketing and sales teams as needed on clinical value propositions.
- Understand the overall competitive landscape for genetic testing and work with R&D and Marketing teams to develop key studies, white papers and marketing messages to address the competitive environment.
- Take an entrepreneurial approach to the function and to the market, exploring the US Oncology markets to identify opportunities where our company can increase its presence and where its products can further improve patient outcomes or reduce the expense of care.
Profile & Competencies:
- Master degree or higher in a scientific orientation, preferably Oncology, or equivalent through experience;
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in a similar role is preferred;
- Broad understanding of work flow in pathology labs;
- Experience with interacting with Oncologists;
- Experience with writing study protocols and analyzing data from clinical studies;
- Documented experience with delivering technical training;
- Molecular Biology;
- Analytical and business oriented;
- Customer focused
- Result-driven with a strong sense of accountability
- Straightforward communication; able to engage healthcare professionals in meaningful dialogue to determine their needs and how our products can meet those needs;
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills;
- Good interpersonal skills combined with the ability to make an impact;
- Self-starter, team player;
- 80% field-based, willing to travel frequently;
- Perfect English; any other language is an asset;
- MS Office.
- Our company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Our company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act.
- All applicants must have authorization to work for our company in the U.S.