Medical Advisor Targeted Therapies ? Belgium & Luxembourg
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
The Medical Advisor Targeted Therapies (hematology & oncology) is part of the Medical Affairs Team and provides a bridge between clinical development, medical affairs and the commercial organization. He/she will be involved in a wide range of activities for our marketed product Iclusig (indicated for certain types of CML and Ph+ ALL) and for targeted therapies in our pipeline. This is a very diverse job and a unique opportunity where you can cover the whole spectrum of drug development in various therapeutic areas.
You will become member of a small, innovative, enthusiastic Benelux team where everyone?s contribution counts. We enjoy working with like-minded colleagues who want to join forces to improve the lives of patients. We strongly encourage the sharing of information and there will be many opportunities to interact with colleagues from other countries and at the headquarters.
The role is field based (home office) in Belgium.
Targeted therapies in our pipeline include, among others, itacitinib (investigated in graft-versus-host-disease) INCB50465 (P13kd inhibitor - investigated in lymphomas), INCB54828 (FGFR 1/2/3 inhibitor ? in bladder cancer, cholangiocarcinoma), INCB59872 (LSD1 inhibitor ? in AML, small cell lung cancer).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in medical & scientific exchanges with the medical/scientific community.
- Facilitate company sponsored and investigator initiated trials (ISTs). Has accountability and oversight for all assigned studies at country level in accordance with the overall plan and under the direction of the global team (Global Clinical Trial Manager) including adherence to quality, timelines and budgets.
- For in-house studies, working with the Study Start-up team, ensures timely submission of all regulatory, ethical and administrative submissions and helps to ensure their appropriate approval.
- Oversees study feasibility, site monitoring performance and all relevant activities for assigned studies
- Develops, builds and maintains optimal relationships with key institutions and Thought Leaders (TLs) within the country, working closely with other local departments regarding site engagement strategy.
- Develop and track TL engagement plans ? identify, develop, and maintain long-term collaborative relationship with TLs within assigned territory.
- Respond to and document unsolicited requests for information on company products and pipeline.
- Provide medical/scientific presentations to internal and external groups. Provide clinical/scientific input and training to internal functions within regulatory guidelines.
- Support advisory board meetings and investigator meetings. Provide support for content development and delivering clinical presentations.
- Contribute to market access dossiers and provide input for country-specific strategic plans
- Represent the company at medical meetings
- Maintain clinical, scientific, and technical expertise in relevant product and disease state areas.
- Share best practice experiences with fellow Medical affairs colleagues and others
- Embrace and demonstrate the Incyte Corporate Values.
- Contribute positively to a strong culture of business integrity and ethics.
- Act within compliance and legal requirements as well as within company guidelines
- Preferable master?s degree in pharmacy, chemistry, biology or in other relevant medical scientific fields
- Previous MSL/medical manager/medical advisor experience at a biotech or pharmaceutical company (preferably at least 3 years)
- Clinical or research experience in the area of hematology and/or oncology is a pre
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on, with problem solving skills
- Comfortable working remote, able to work independently and effectively in complex, rapidly changing environments
- Sense of urgency
- Interested in new ways of thinking and innovative approaches
- Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and to work closely with external physicians and scientists
- Flexibility, diplomacy, and the ability to manage expectations.
- Ability to travel regularly, sometimes with overnight stays
- Language: Dutch and French, English
- Proficient in Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint