MSD is a global healthcare leader working to help the world be well. Through our prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies and animal health products, we work with customers and operate in more than 140 countries to deliver innovative health solutions.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
• Medical Advisor is part of the Balkan Medical Affairs Team
• Serves as scientific expert for the assigned franchise(s) under the guidance of the Medical Affairs Director
• Internal key interactions are with the Business Franchise Leads, Brand & Customer Managers,
• Customer Solution Managers, Market Access/Tendering Manager and Country Leads.
• External key interactions are with Scientific Leaders (SLs) as well as with multiple external stakeholders in the field.
• Develop and execute Medical Affairs Plan for assigned franchise(s)
• Responsibility for life-cycle management budget(s) for assigned products (planning, tracking)
• Scientific Leadership
• Visit on a regular base defined customers and convey information about the latest development in the assigned indication (e.g. most actual publications, etc.)
• Provide support to marketing and sales for assigned products
• Develop and maintain strong scientific network
• Develop projects with SLs and other stakeholders to facilitate adoption of best medical practices for physicians, health care institutions and patients
• Organize and lead local advisory boards
• Hold balanced and scientific presentations about the disease area, therapies and latest developments in context with assigned products and competitors
• Collect customer needs from SLs and provide to Customer Solution Manager locally
• Participate at national and international scientific meetings to apply newest knowledge and feed-back to relevant stakeholders
• Support the SL in development and execution of IISPs
• Support local clinical research operations (suggestions for investigators, objectives, design, sites, studies)
• Support the development of protocols for local and non-interventional studies
• Reinforce the scientific and evidence-based medicine oriented image of the company
• Consulting and support of brand, customer and key account managers with strategic inputs on disease management focus on strategy alignment within franchise and competitors counterstrategies.
• Close collaboration with RDMA (Regional Director Medical Affairs) within region on strategic priorities.
• Work with media and public
• Internal Support
• Provide scientific support to achieve marketing/strategic objectives
• Support market access activities
• Facilitate the inclusion of MSD portfolio in hospital formularies/immunization program and in local therapeutic guidelines
• Support proactively PV requirements
• Participate in strategic defense of MSD products with key decisions makers
• Lead pre-launch activities (named-patient programs, market access support)
• Medical Information Requests
• Respond to medical inquiries from local customers not covered by the medical services manager
• Sales Training Support
• Provide sales reps with information on new studies, competitors, issues
• Train reps in all medical aspects of the franchise
Minimum Educational Requirements
• MD, PharmD or life science degree (preferably PhD)
• Strong scientific baseline knowledge in therapeutic areas of interest to the Company, understanding of clinical trials methods, implementation and interpretation of clinical data, sound scientific and clinical judgment, and an eagerness to continue to learn more in assigned therapeutic area.
• Outstanding communication skills and the ability to function within a team environment
• Strong, confident and engaging presentation skills
• A proactive "can do" attitude and passion for the therapeutic areas of interest
• Strong customer facing, listening, and probing skills
• Ability to work in a matrix organization
• Simultaneously handling multiple tasks and working under pressure
• Corporate culture competencies of broad leadership behaviors, including Business Integrity
• Willingness to travel frequently within the local market and for occasional international travel for conferences and regional meetings.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Job: Medical Affairs Generic Job Title:Medical Advisor, Slovenia
Primary Location: EMEA-Slovenia
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Medical, Consulting, Franchise, Medical Research, Healthcare, Technology, Retail, Research