Medical Advisor - South Africa
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Are you interested in improving the lives of millions of people and working for a company with 91 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes?
- Are you highly motivated, focused on results and do you thrive in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment?
- This could be the job for you! Join us, and become a Medical Adviser at our company.
About the department
Our company is looking for a Medical Adviser who will develop and lead the implementation of the medical strategy and drive Medical Affairs activities in the affiliate.
- As a Medical Adviser you will be responsible for providing proactive medical support to new business opportunities and strategic objectives for the affiliate as well as provide support on clinical planning related to both Local and Global trials.
- Key responsibilities include: Reviewing of medical educational and promotional material for scientific accuracy, providing training to employees and Health Care Professionals, providing medical guidance to the Sales, Marketing and Market access departments in terms of treatment guidelines and current clinical practice, providing support and guidance on pharmacovigilance related matters and providing medical information to customers as required.
- You will further be responsible for managing the relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and clinical trial investigators, as well as be the point of contact for all medical enquiries and scientific matters. Other primary medical responsibilities include publication planning and implementation.
- You will demonstrate good communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders for the successful implementation of your main responsibilities.
- The candidate will have as a minimum a university degree in Medicine – MBCHB, be a qualified medical doctor who has completed their internship and community service and worked in a clinical environment for at least 3 years. Experience and an interest in Diabetes and Endocrine Disorders and Haemostasis management would be considered an advantage.
- The candidate must demonstrate computer skills (Excel, Word and Power Point) and two years of experience as a Medical Adviser in the Pharmaceutical Industry will be considered an advantage.
- Important skills to work in this position are: Strong analytical skills and the ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrate Cross-functional Collaboration and Team Work;
- Good Decision-making and problem-solving ability; demonstrate agility in ways of working, be self-motivated and results-oriented;
- Great communication (verbal and written), Good planning and organizational skills, project management skills.
Working with Us:
- Our company is a global healthcare company with 91 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care and has leading positions within haemophilia care, growth hormone and hormone replacement therapies.
- our company markets its products in over 180 countries.
- Our company has a broad portfolio of treatments, a strong pipe-line and a determination to go beyond medicine and strongly advocates for better healthcare and health initiatives to positively impact the lives of people living with chronic conditions.