Medical Advisor Job - United Kingdom
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Due to continued focus on our Medical Affairs function in the UK, we are keen to invite applications for Medical Advisor roles across a range Therapeutic Areas.
The Medical Advisor is a non-promotional role which brings clinical and scientific knowledge and experience in their aligned therapeutic area, including: strategic and operational partnership on all promotional and non-promotional activities; internal and external partnership to lead UK research opportunities, building scientific relationships with internal experts and external scientific leaders through high quality scientific engagement, providing the broader company with clinical and scientific therapeutic expertise and championing the highest corporate and scientific ethical standards.
- The Medical Advisor is responsible for producing and executing the UK Medical Affairs Plan in their therapeutic / business area along-side the business unit and franchise plan.
- As a result of their knowledge, experience and scientific engagement with external scientific leaders: provide clinical and scientific knowledge and insight in their aligned therapy / business area, disease and products where required across the business (for example to teams across Franchise, Commercial Operations, Healthcare Services, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Information etc.).
- Translate the UK therapeutic area context into knowledge to be applied in the development and execution of therapy / business area strategy; ensuring that an understanding of the benefit:risk balance of company medicines and services is integral to all activities.
- Identify meaningful gaps in scientific and clinical knowledge relevant to the optimal use of company products or services in the UK and ensure generation of data to bridge those gaps; using all types of data and evidence generation.
- Bring clinical and scientific expertise to National and Regional market access activity, including direct input to the strategy and delivery of HTA and clinical tender submissions
- Maintain oversight of and contribute to the examination and certification of promotional and non-promotional materials and activities for their aligned therapy area (working with the medical review team).
- Co-ordinate and manage all medical governance matters, working as a bridge between other Medical Governance functions (Pharmacovigilance, Regulatory and Clinical Trial Operations) and their therapy / business area.
- It is expected that about 25% of the medical advisors time will be externally / customer facing to deliver in these key responsibilities.
We invite applications from candidates with the following skills, qualifications and experience
- A professional clinical qualification (either a medical doctor or pharmacist) is an absolute requirement.
- If a medical doctor, the candidate must be UK GMC registered with a licence to practice.
- Pharmacists must be, or recently have been registered to practice.
- Experience as a Medical Advisor in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience and/or clinical practice experience in a Therapetic Area relevant to MSD, which could include:
- Anti Microbials/HIV/Hepatitis C
- Women’s Health
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Recruitment Agency / Search Firm representatives please note:
MSD will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies / search firms under any circumstances. In order to present CVs to MSD, your Recruitment Agency / Search Firm will have been invited to work on a specific vacancy and have Terms of Business signed and agreed with the relevant Recruitment and Staffing Regional Lead. Should you send CVs for a vacancy that you have not been specifically invited to work on to any employee at MSD (via email, post, internet, Taleo or any other method), these will be deemed the sole property of MSD. MSD will pay no introduction fee to the Recruitment Agency / Search Firm if a candidate is hired as a result of an agency introduction under these circumstances.
Job: Medical Affairs - MD Job Title:Medical Advisor
Primary Location: EMEA-United Kingdom-ENG-Hoddesdon
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:MSD
Job Segment: Medical, Gastroenterology, Immunology, Oncology, Law, Healthcare, Legal