The Medical Advisor will provide scientific and medical support to customers and to the country team in accordance with Alexion policies and processes to promote materials and activities.
- Provide medical support to Field Force
- Conduct or participate in training programs for the Country team
- Collaborate with Country team in promotional messages and identification of appropriate supportive documentation
- Review content of promotional materials to ensure information and claims are relevant to the Country environment, presented in appropriate context and are in accordance with local medical practice
- Provide scientific/medical information to both internal clients and external customers
- Build, develop and maintain strong relationship with Key Opinion Leaders and Opinion Leaders
- Prepare and conduct medical presentations to various audiences
- Develop and maintain effective collaborative working relationship with other departments (Regulatory Affairs, key account, sales, marketing …) for case management activities
- Develop abstracts, publications and variety of other educational materials and activities
- Contribute to clinical development activities
- Assist medical department in identification and management of sites and investigators for additional clinical trials
- Participate to Medical Information activities (Med Info)
- Stick to internal and external legal and regulatory guidelines
- Responsible for reporting all pharmacovigilance events, product quality complaints and medical information requests within 24 hours as of awareness according to the local applicable procedures.
- Medical Degree
- Experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry (3 years +)
- Background in hematology and nephrology is preferred.
- Ability to make convincing oral presentations
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and effectively evaluate medical/scientific literature.
- Knowledge of clinical development (clinical trials, registries)
- Knowledge of local pharmaceutical regulations and related ethic behaviors
- Solid background and experience in pharmaceutical quality system management (GxP)
- Computer skills
- Admin and organizational skills
- Fluency in English both written and oral mandatory
- Travel required (1-3 times a week)
- Medical degree (M.D.), experience in clinical practice and minimum of 2 years in the
pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
Alexion is a global biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and delivering life-transforming therapies for patients with devastating and rare disorders. Alexion developed and commercializes Soliris® (eculizumab), the first and only approved complement inhibitor to treat patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) and atypical hemolytic uremic syndrome (aHUS), two life-threatening ultra-rare disorders. As the global leader in complement inhibition, Alexion is strengthening and broadening its portfolio of complement inhibitors, including evaluating potential indications for eculizumab in additional severe and ultra-rare disorders. Alexion’s metabolic franchise includes two highly innovative enzyme replacement therapies for patients with life-threatening and ultra-rare disorders, Strensiq® (asfotase alfa) to treat patients with hypophosphatasia (HPP) and Kanuma™ (sebelipase alfa) to treat patients with lysosomal acid lipase deficiency (LAL-D). In addition, Alexion is advancing the most robust rare disease pipeline in the biotech industry, with highly innovative product candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.