Medical Advisor, Medical Affairs - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care.
- This heritage has given us experience and capabilities that also enable us to help people defeat other serious chronic conditions such as hemophilia, growth disorders and obesity.
- Our company employs approximately 42,600 people in 75 countries and markets its products in more than 180 countries.
- Our company is ranked as one of the top employers to work for in Canada.
- We invest significant resources in developing our employees through close collaboration, frequent feedback and by giving challenging responsibilities to individuals.
There is an exciting opportunity available at our company k in our Clinical, Medical and Regulatory department as a Medical Adviser, Medical Affairs reporting to the Senior Manager for Medical Affairs and Medical Information. The primary function of this position is to be a scientific partner in implementation of the Medical Affairs strategy related to the insulin portfolio.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Participates in the successful development, optimization and execution of effective medical strategies in therapy area, to achieve goals
- Ensures strategic alignment of therapy area/product scientific communication platform with local, and global plans
- Ensures sound scientific and medical guidance is provided for marketing strategies for therapy area/product
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop action plans aiming to appropriately position assigned products in response to the current unmet medical needs and market dynamics.
- Ensures proper reporting of Key Performance Indicators
- Leads the establishment and optimization of internal scientific resources for internal use.Oversees development and execution of the medical education plan based on (healthcare professional) HCP learning needs for assigned brand/therapy area
- Backs up Medical Information by responding to, and documenting, triaged medical information requests from HCPs, patients and internal & external stakeholders as needed.
- Leverages knowledge of clinical practice, (key opinion leader) KOL insights, competitor scientific activity, as well as future directions in healthcare to collaborate within Clinical Medical Regulatory (CMR) department and with marketing as well as other NNCI functions to create brand strategy, plans and tactics Supports team to distill scientific/medical knowledge and deliver internal medical training in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Ensures sound scientific content for HCP advisory meetings to achieve the meetings objectives in line with overall affiliate and Medical Affairs strategy
- Develops, reviews and approves local phase IV, ISS and outcomes protocols and study reports
- Ensures sound scientific content for local investigator/results meetings
- Guides development of therapy area/product publication plan that is aligned with local and global publication and lifecycle plans and ensure timely execution (abstract and oral presentations, primary and secondary publications)Inputs into KOL engagement planning, execution and tracking and collaborates with internal stakeholders for alignment.
- Provides leadership and input for KOL engagement activities Participates in the brand related annual evaluation and update of KOL engagements and Individual Engagement Plans (IEPs) Adheres to our company policies, procedures ,vision and fundamentals
- Performs other tasks as assigned by management
- Ensures full compliance of the team to all applicable laws in our company and industry rules/regulations
- The right candidate for this role will hold either a MD or PhD or Pharmaceutical Doctorate (PharmD) or be a registered Pharmacist.
- You must have five years of experience in the Medical field with two years of experience in medical affairs (for pharmacists, 3 years of practice experience as a clinical pharmacist).
- Your ability to demonstrate understanding of evidence-based medicine, excellence in medical writing, editing and presenting to others is crucial.
- Being comfortable to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines simultaneously is another important aspect in this role.