- Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products.
- Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
- Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you.
- To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork.
- As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
- Our company has been able to make a significant difference in Oncology care and we continue our research to ensure that we can support new indication areas to support even more cancer patients.
- We search for Medical Adviser in Oncology in Greece, under the general supervision of the Oncology Medical Lead.
- We search for a medical professional who is passionate about science and the impact we can make in patient care.
- An office-based, field-directed medical professional (50 % field-based) who uses medical knowledge and customer insights to develop and drive the country medical affairs plan. Will provide cutting edge scientific information to external stakeholders (eg scientific leaders, regulatory, reimbursement and health authorities) and will develop and maintain highly effective relationships with new and existing customers.
- Will also provide medical advice to internal stakeholders such as market access, commercial & clinical colleagues.
- Responsible to develop and follow up on scientific leaders (SL) engagement plan.
- Develops, maintains and extends (long-term) contacts with national experts (scientific leaders) and medical professionals in the therapeutic areas assigned.
- Is recognized as the scientific expert in the product and therapeutic areas assigned by acting as speaker and/or discussant in external meetings.
- Acts as medical ambassador for the company, externally and internally (works in close collaboration with commercial, regulatory, PV and Market access counterparts as well as RDMAs and Oncology Global Medical Affairs for the assigned products/indications).
- Medical functional expertise:
- Builds and maintains expertise and knowledge of scientific gaps on the product(s) and indication(s) assigned.
- Works closely with the Clinical Trials Operation team to identify and engage with potential investigators for participation in registration studies.
- Identifies implements and supports investigator initiated studies, local epidemiologic and (non-) interventional data generating opportunities and Patient Support Programs.
- Ensures 100% compliance with all applicable company SOPs and guidance, local and international industry regulations and standards.
- Strategic Medical Support:
- Develops the country medical affairs plan (MAP) and the SL engagement plan for the relevant product(s) and indications, in line with the regional and global MAP but taking into consideration the specifics of the country.
- Implements the local MA activities within the agreed timelines and budget, utilizing the knowledge of our company and competitor products and therapeutic options within the indications.
- Gives medical input into the business plans, market access strategies, uptake of company products in guidelines, promotional materials and the selection of the most recent/appropriate data and references to be used.
- Tactical medical support
- Includes but is not limited to collaboration with relevant functions, to provide the appropriate leadership in developing and/or the medical review and approval of promotional materials.
- Provides input on/drafts local publications/abstracts/reports/medical reviews and medical training materials.
- Reviews expert reports to support reimbursement or formulary listing processes and is involved in the development of value dossiers.
- Evaluates scientific value of projects for which support is requested from the company.
- Delivers training to relevant internal (Sales, Marketing) and external stakeholders to ensure that the required level of medical background on the company’s product(s) is attained.
- Ensures tailored responses to customer’s requests for Medical Information.
Education & Experience:
- MD, PharmD or PhD in Life-Sciences.
- At least five years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry (ideally in Oncology) of which 2-3 years in medical affairs.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills, and a proactive “can do” attitude.
- Strong scientific baseline knowledge in therapeutic area of interest, understanding of clinical trials design and conduct, implementation and interpretation of clinical data, sound scientific and clinical judgment, and an eagerness to continue to learn more in assigned TA.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong customer focus and great listening skills.
- Delivers value to customers through innovation and collaboration and by understanding and meeting their needs; acts with candor and courage.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Has solid business acumen and excellent understanding of core systems, and metrics.
- Makes, strengthens and maintains contact with those that can contribute to achieving the set goals.
- Utilizes the network purposefully
- Simultaneously handling multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure
- Works to develop new skills and abilities, and seeks/accepts feedback on performance
- Corporate culture competencies of Leadership Behaviors and high ethical standards
- Fluent in Greek and English
- Our employees are the key to our company’s success.
- We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program.
- Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Segment: Medical, Oncology, Epidemiology, Public Health, Law, Healthcare, Legal